Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

Well, we survived 2011.  It was a really sad, stressful year family-wise, but God brought us through it.  It probably isn't right, but I do find some comfort knowing that there are a whole lot of screwed-up families out there.  Even when the parents are good, christian people -- even a pastor -- they can have kids that rebel and decide to disown them as being critical and judgmental because they dare to tell the kids that what they are doing is not right.  Kids just don't take correction these days.  They want to do what they want to do and they don't care who doesn't like it -- even God.  Truly, if I wasn't so old, I would consider adopting some children.  Impossible though.  I believe God has a good plan for all of our lives, and I will rest in Him knowing something good is on the way.  And I will stand on this promise:

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Yesterday, Jerry decided he wanted to finally go buy the little van he has been talking about for years.  We deliver medical equipment, and we have company vans to accomplish that, but Jerry has always just used his own vehicle.  It has gotten hard for him to get heavy electric wheelchairs up a ramp into the truck bed.  I was sad to have to trade in the red Expedition I bought new in 2002, but I totally understood the need.  It had 92,000 miles on it, and we got $6,000 for a trade-in.  Not bad.  We could have sold it ourselves, but these days, you have to be so careful who you let on your property -- who you let know your phone number -- your schedule, etc.  Sad that the world has come to that.  Here's a picture of Jerry's new little delivery van.

It doesn't look small in the picture, but next to a regular size delivery van, it looks little.  Jerry promised he will drive me to Sam's in it, and we can load it up with as much as we want.  Last week I went to Sam's to buy items for our OKC store.  I got one of those long, flat carts.

Just pushing/pulling that thing around the store was a challenge.  I think I ran into only 2 people though and knocked just one thing off a shelf.  I was expecting a store clerk to come any minute and say, "Here, Dear, Take this smaller cart -- PLEEEEZE!"  I had the cart stacked high with toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags, shop rags, and other items.  As I was going up to check out, I remembered I was driving my Honda.  I pictured all the things on the cart -- looking to be larger than the whole car -- and I started unloading items from it.  Now that we have this little van, I won't have to do that.

Internet church was so good today.  We always watch our preacher, Duane Sheriff, on the computer because our church is in Durant -- 175 miles from here.  He preached on praying in agreement.  "Pray It - Say It - See It".  (In agreement with God's word, of course.  You can't agree that God will kill your husband, as Duane pointed out.) He quoted the following scripture from the Bible and said, "What if that is true!?"  Of course Jerry and I believe all scripture is true and we try to apply it.  This is a good one to remember and use, and Jesus, himself, said it!

Matthew 18:19
....if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Duane talked about the three-fold cord (Ecc. 4:12) that can't be easily broken.  God in the midst of two people makes a three-fold cord.  Yeah!

Guess I'll get this new year started by getting in the shower.  We are going to look for a water filter for the frig and a battery for the scale.  A fun day, really!  (-:  Honestly, any day that Jerry isn't sitting in front of the computer working is a great day for me.  Not only that, the weather is fantastic here.  It was 72 yesterday and today looks the same.

Hugs, Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy