Wednesday, February 29, 2012

SFD Tweaks and The Skincare Orthodontist

How crazy is THAT title?  Well, it is as crazy as this day was.  I just can't believe the things that happen on a regular basis every time I leave the house.  Must be why I stay home and sew all the time.  I made a video for you because it is just more fun to talk about it than to type it.  Here is the link: 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSNwqEvuIMQ



You probably don't know this about me -- and probably don't care -- but since its on my mind, you are going to find out.  I am a MAJOR people-watcher.  Not in a bad way where I just look at everyone and judge them in some way, but I look at them and study them.  I study their clothes -- their haircut -- their movements -- their mannerisms -- how they interact with other people.  If they notice me and allow me, I will strike up a conversation with them.  I have been known to tell young men how handsome I think they are.  I told the cashier at Panera Bread who was taking my order that he had the most gorgeous hair.  Of course, at my age, people are SOOOOO YOUNG!  I kid you not.  The last time I went to see the eye doctor, my regular eye doctor was at another store, and a new guy was there.  What was his name??? -- something Vervak.  He came into the room where I was sitting next to the eye robot machine, and I thought he must be looking for his mother.  He came over to me and said, "Hello, I'm Dr. Vervak!"  I said, "YOU are a doctor!?"  I told him he didn't look old enough to be out of high school.  Of course, he probably wanted to tell me I looked old enough to be blind.   He informed me that he graduated high school when he was 13 or 16 (I forget), and that he graduated college when he was 21.  So, I guess he must have still been 21.  I asked him if he was married, and he told me he didn't have time for that because he was too busy going to school.  I guess so!!!


Back in the olden days when airports used to be really nice places to go and you could wander around at will, you could really "people watch".  I was sitting in one of the waiting areas one time waiting for someone's plane to come in.  I am ALWAYS early to everything, so I probably watched people for an hour getting off planes and walking past me.  I watched a lady from behind as she was walking away from me.  She had on a short, skin tight leopard print skirt and a bright colored blouse that fit like paint, and lots of large shiny jewelry.  She had on very high heels and stockings.  She had a wiggle in her walk, and her very blonde hair was piled high on top of her head.  I am thinking this lady is 18 to 21 years old and must be the airport's greeting lady, if you know what I mean. 

At some point, she turned around and walked back my way, so I saw her face.  I gasped!!!  The lady was 80 years old, at least!  Just goes to show you, you cannot judge a book by its cover -- or backside either!

When I was younger, I used to go to the nearby Mall to walk and to watch people.  I did that for years and enjoyed it so much.  Anymore, I am TERRIFIED to go to the Mall without a body guard, a doberman and a gun.

Not only do the teen shoppers with their tattoos and all-over-strange-body-part piercings scare me, the clerks in the store scare me.  I can't help staring at them trying to figure out what they were thinking to disfigure their beautiful, young bodies like that.  Not that it is hard to stare at them because most of them are talking on a cell phone and don't even know they are supposed to be waiting on you.  Thank goodness for the internet.  A wonderful way to shop. 
Phylly, do you remember that time we went to JoAnn's (or was it Hancock's) and that "guy" was behind the cash register.  We think he was a guy.  He was wearing several large pearl bead bracelets and had on a woman's blouse. 

Earrings, of course.  This went way beyond being gay.  It was creepy.  His fingernails were painted BLACK and they were long.  I was afraid to let him touch my material.  That is the one and only time I have encountered that in a fabric store.  We could not believe he got a job there.

If you watched the video from today, you know I am making a new blouse.  I will post pics of it tomorrow.  Not sure if I will try to cut it out tonight or wait until morning.  OH!!!  Jerry is having surgery in the morning at the Skin Clinic -- NOT the Orthodontist I went to today -- however, it is the same business -- just a different town.  Three places he has to have cut out: one on his forehead, and one on each hand.  Don't think I will be sewing tomorrow morning at all.  Maybe tomorrow afternoon.  I'll keep you posted though.

Hugs, Joy











  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yes, I remember him. He definitely made an impression.

    I think I ran into your sexy 80 yr old in the LA airport, except she was in a gold lame jumpsuit with a very low neckline.
    hugs, Phylly

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy