Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday John!!!

Happy Independence Day to all!  We need ANOTHER Independence Day from all the kooks in Congress and now, the Supreme Court.  It is very scary what is happening to America as we sit in the current safety of our homes and watch it all happening.  If there is anything I can do about it, other than pray and vote, I pray God reveals it to me.  I feel like the Jews must have felt in Germany with all the craziness going on in the streets and in the armed forces, and then one day they started being ripped out of their homes and shipped to concentration camps.  I'm sure they thought it couldn't possibly ever REALLY happen, but it did.  Little by little, our freedom of religion is being stripped away.  Christians are shown to be crazy and irrational on TV and in movies.  Some guy was blabbering yesterday on one of the news programs -- probably Fox, since that is all we watch -- that God sent the fires to Colorado to kill all the Christians and Tea Partiers.  Insane!!!

Not much happened today worth mentioning except I received my new purse from Zappos.com.  I love Brighton purses.  I get lots of compliments on the one I've been carrying, so I decided to order another one for winter.  It is a little different.  At first, I thought it might be too Christmassy, but then I decided it might not be.  This is what it looks like:
It must have been the very last one, because I can't even find it on Zappos today. 

I have one year to return it if I decide I don't like it.  I didn't think I liked the other one either, but I love it now.

Gotta love Zappos!

I Palmer/Pletsch/SFD'd (that's a moutful!) a new pattern this afternoon and I am actually making it out of a solid color.  Phylly will faint!  It is the color of grass, and I think it is linen.  I'll take pics, of course, when I get it done.  It has a flounce that the pattern company spelled "frounce".  I don't think anybody proofreads anymore.  The pattern is New Look 6895.  Very summery.  Hope it doesn't look like a maternity top.


Photo


I am making the style the girl is wearing.  I widened the straps to cover up my bra straps, and I had to add a bust dart which I moved up into the top gathers.  I'll see how that works out.  It appears to have worked fine, so far.  I put a rolled hem on the two flounces, and it turned out real good. 

That's all the excitement for today.  Our stores are closed tomorrow, and Jerry and I are headed to our other house.  We have to visit his Mom and take her to two different doctors.  Sure wish she lived closer to us at times like these.

Hugs, Joy


2 comments:

  1. WooHoo! You've gone crazy over zebra stripes with flowers. I love the handbag. I love it! But you know me and purses! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your blouse, as I have bought the same pattern. I am interested in how you added a dart in the gathers, as I think I would like to do this too. Maybe you could do a tutorial on this, as I love watching those. Not only are they very informative, but also very funny especially when you have Phyllis on board as well. You can tell you are very close.
    Looking forward to the next blog.
    Love Andrea from the UK.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy