Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Heads are Rollin'

You may recall my District Supervisor of Ken's Pizza story that happened many years ago.  And you recall my calling the Regional Director of Countrywood (CW), James Denny, last week.

Well, since then, I have been in contact with the FORMER Manager of Countrywood.  Her name is Jonna.  Jonna was the manager three years ago when we moved Mom there, and she was wonderful.  I called her a few times over something minor, and she had it taken care of in about two minutes.  I liked her a LOT!  She visited Countrywood at least two or three times a week.  She ran another Senior Center also.  SO, I happened to still have Jonna's cell phone number.  I called her thinking she still works for CW, but she doesn't.  She left in June.  How ODD that it is since June that everything has started falling apart there in terms of employees and management.

Anyway, I told you all that to tell you this:  Not only did I get the Regional Director's phone number, Jonna gave me an email address yesterday of the OWNER of CW.  She told me I should email him.  I decided I would.  I wasn't really trying to get anybody in trouble, I was just trying to "go to the top".  If you know where the TOP is, then why not.  I sent an email listing the problems in a nice little list.  I think I listed 5 of them, and explained that I hoped CW would be restored to its former condition.

A little while ago, I was driving home from Walmart, and my cell phone rang.  I picked it up, and guess who it was?  It was James Denny.  He called to let me know that he did not appreciate ONE BIT my calling the owner.  He said he was in a lot of trouble, and he was going to have to REPORT to the owner, and it was all MY fault!  He said he was going to take care of the problems when he "gotta round tuit".  Well, those things aren't easy to come by, you know. 

I explained to Mr Denny in the nicest voice I could muster out of myself, that if I was in HIS shoes, I would NOT be on the phone with the unhappy customer, I would be heading straight to CW to check out the situation for myself!  Well, he was going to do that when he got that "round tuit".  I sure hope he finds one soon!

I also received a VERY NICE email from the owner.  He told me he would get on it immediately, and if I had any other issues to please call him or some other guy with a weird name like King Kong.

He sounds PERFECT for the job!

I'll just wait and watch and see what happens next.

Okay, its Kacy Kang, Chief Operating Officer.  I was close.

And I really have to get back to my pretty blue dress.  I've been half-way prepared to run to Kingfisher when the phone rang next, but I haven't had to go.  Mom is feeling much better today.  She is up walking around and doing puzzles.  Amazing!

Jerry will return here tomorrow sometime, so we will go visit Mom again soon.  I'll take a real good look around when I'm there to see if anything has improved.

That's it for today.  Just got back from dinner at Hideaway Pizza with Margaret, and my stomach feels like I ate the large instead of the small.  Time for jammies and an old movie. 

Hugs, Joy

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just have to take it to the top. How much do you think would have been done if you had left it in Jimmy's hands? For some reason I keep thinking of him as Jimmy

    I don't know why I always think I'll just use one princess style pattern to alter another one. I just wind up getting confused; as I did tonight. I thought about doing an FBA, but then I thought, I never have done it completely by the Liechty-Rasband method aka Lorraine's method, so I got out the book and started working on it that way. Of course, I had spent a couple of hours the first way. I looked up a few minutes ago and realized that it is almost 11:00 p.m. I have the bust done, I think, and I've adjusted the lengths. So next I'll do the waist and hips which should be pretty simple. Then I go to the back and do the upper round, which they do differently than PP, and then the waist and hips. But right now, I just need to get into bed.
    Hugs, Phylly

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were you, I would drop another line to the OWNER of this fine facility, and mention that Mr. Denny contacted you recently, much to your surprise. You can then tell the owner that Mr. Denny scolded you for your efforts to ensure that your loved one gets the best possible care that $ can buy. And leave it at that.

    But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy