Friday, November 23, 2012

Even My New Pants Won't Pose

Let me see.  I must be on day #3 of this cold now.  I feel better than I did yesterday, but I don't feel good by any stretch of the imagination.  I thought I felt good enough to make our turkey lunch, sew my camo pants and do some cleaning. 

From the look of the pictures I took of myself in my new camo pants, however, I should still be in bed.  Even if I remove my face and my hands from the pictures, the pants still don't look good!  I look like the Goodyear blimp in them!

I'll try to look skinnier tomorrow.  Today, I want to get OUT of my clothes -- INTO my jammies -- and curl up somewhere with a hot drink.



I did manage to get some half-way-decent pics of my new Laurie bracelet to show you. 


You can tell how well it matches my new camo pants.  I am going to wear them to my Mother's house on Sunday since she lives in the woods.  She has two cats and two dogs that live in the house, and I figure the hair will blend in.  I am NOT like my Mother in that regard, I assure you.  I will take pics!  My Mother is QUITE a character!

She called yesterday while we were at my sister, Judy's, for our ribs and beans Thanksgiving.  Judy had her on speaker phone, and Mom knew it because Judy and I were both talking to her.  Mom said, "I have a surprise for Jerry, so don't tell him!"  We both looked at Jerry and said, "Okay."  Mom said she had named her new dog (and I'm praying that isn't dog #3!) "Jerry". 

All of Mom's children and all of Mom's pets have "J" names.  She had 3 fish one time that she named "Fido", "Fuzzy" and "Fooch".  Probably why they all died.

Lunch at Judy's was very good yesterday.  Between the 3 of us, we drank a bottle of Pinot Noir Wine.  I didn't think I would like it, but it was very good.  As much as it costs though, I will still like the cheaper brands better!  I think the carrot salad was a flop.  I brought most all of it back home.  Oh, well.

Until next time when I am feeling a whole lot better...  OH!  My husband did actually find a combination of drugs that helped me sleep last night.  One Tylenol Cold Tab, One Advil cold Tab, and a Tablespoon of Thick Robitussin DM Cough Syrup.  It worked great!  Will do it again tonight.  PLUS, I slept in one of the hospital beds in the grandkids' x-room, and I elevated my head.  (We sell hospital equipment, remember?)

I'll be back soon.

Hugs, Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy