Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sunday Notes and Other Stuff

Today's sermon was titled "How Can You Make Next Year The BEST Year of Your Life?".

I sure did want to know the answer to that.  The answer was quite simple actually.  "You say so!"

Hebrews 13:18 says Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.  That is VERY reassuring considering that our Government is about as stable as a one-legged stool!  If I wasn't a Christian, and I didn't truly believe in God and the Word, I don't think I could get out of bed in the morning.  I would probably be taking all kinds of pills and smoking weird stuff to try to stay content like so many people do.  I am SO THANKFUL that my parents raised me to know about God and that they were strict and watchful and laid down the law at home.  It taught me to work hard, be honest and appreciative.  Valuable life lessons indeed.

I received a phone call from my sister -- my OTHER sister (the one that doesn't lie to me) -- shortly after the sermon started this morning, so I missed most of it.  Basically, it was about SAYING what we want according to the Word and believing we receive it.  Be POSITIVE, and EXPECT good things to happen.  I will TRY!  I believe I shall have to quit turning on the news to accomplish that, however.

I am making a new pattern.  The pattern is marked "EASY".  Evidently, the definition of "easy" has changed since I learned it, and it really means "EXTREMELY HARD AND NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE -- DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!"  And, no, it isn't a Silhouette Pattern.  It is the same Butterick I just showed you pictures of a few days ago, but it is the solid blue version in the picture on the left.   I spent TWO HOURS today trying to figure out how to put the pleats in at the top of it.  I took pictures, but I'm not in the mood to mess with them right now, and the blouse isn't done yet.  Give me a day or two.

Other than that, I haven't done much at all today.  I needed Margaret or Phylly to come over and entertain me.  I talked to Jerry a few times, but that just makes me miss him.  I hope he comes back to get me soon.

I did get an interesting text from my daughter saying she found cheap airline rates to fly John and Hollie home from Alaska.  Hollie is working and about to start college, so I don't know how they can come home now.  We will see.

It is nice having my daughter call and talk to me again, although she is still on the same merry-go-round.  I will keep praying for my baby.  I love her so!  Have I ever told you that she is a nurse at the heart hospital?  She is an AMAZING nurse.  No matter how mad she gets at me, and no matter how long we go without seeing each other, I KNOW that if I ever was really sick or in the hospital, she would be there and nothing on Earth could stop her.  The "nurse" in her takes over, and she forgets all that other junk.





Tomorrow, we can all practice the new SAY WHAT YOU WANT sermon as we watch our infantile congress lead us over the fiscal cliff.  God is still in control of MY LIFE.  How about yours?  Our corporation is called 3-J Enterprises, Inc.  The J's are Jesus, Jerry and Joy -- in that order.  So it is HIS business, and HE has always blessed it beyond what we ever imagined.

Stay with me next year as I blog day to day, and I will share with you all the amazing things God does in our business and our lives.

Until soon,

Hugs, Joy

2 comments:

  1. You should have just given me a call. It would have been nice to talk to an adult for a while. I paid for my day off from kids yesterday, by basically having them by myself today. DH spent the day in the bedroom on his computer. I spent it with the two year old and the five year old, with an occasional visit from the seven year old to tell me about the game he was playing. The five yr old could argue with Obama, Beiner, Reid and Pelosi and wear them all down. The two year old is still a cutey pie, but is beginning to try his boundaries.

    I'm afraid that we actually went over the fiscal cliff a long time ago. The failure of our Congress and President to realize the mess we are in and do something about it is only going to accelerate our decline. But like you, my faith is in God. "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life of whom should I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

    Hugs, Phylly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joy,

    I made that same Butterick top last summer. I had to change it. Didn't really like those pleats, so I ripped out the seam and gathered in the fullness. The top is strangely long in the front. If I ever needed a maternity top, this one would be great, not likely around here! Also, I didn't want that double thick yoke, so I made it single with a narrow finish edge. Actually, it's a cute top. keep working on it. Barb

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy