Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thy Will Be Done

Another Sunday morning, and another marvelous sermon by our pastor, John Hagee.  I even took a picture of him this morning so you can see this preacher I'm always talking about in my blog.  If you are interested in hearing the REAL DEAL, go to www.GETV.com.  Lots of good stuff there!

That is our television.  We watch him via ROKU on our TV.  AMAZING use for a television!

The subject:  HOW DO YOU KNOW THE WILL OF GOD?

King David said, "I delight to do your will, oh God."

The secret to success in your spiritual life is to FIND OUT what God wants done, and DO THAT!

Pretty simple.

Whom God loves, he chastens.

 Remember that story about Jonah and the big fish?

God specifically told Jonah to go preach in Ninevah.  Jonah didn't want to.

God didn't just decide to TOLERATE Jonah's choice.  You know the story.

When that fish coughed Jonah up, Jonah had had a MAJOR attitude adjustment.

Remember the story about Saul on the road to Damascus?  Paul was sending Christians to prisons where they were murdered in assorted horrendous ways.  He was riding down the road one day when he was struck by a blinding light as bright as the noonday sun.  Saul heard a voice saying, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"

Saul asked who was speaking to him.  Jesus replied,
"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do." 

Now, Saul had a choice.  Spend the rest of his life blind (the bright light blinded him) with a tin cup in his hand begging for food, OR find out what GOD'S WILL WAS and DO IT.  Instead, he became Paul, the Christian, and he wrote half of the New Testament.  WOW!

That was Hagee -- this is me:

The attitude of young people -- and not-so-young people these days is "If somebody tells me to do something, I'm going to do the complete opposite!"  Yes.  Those very words right out of the mouth of a young person I know -- not once, but many times.

Can there BE a stupider, more insane way of thinking???  I sure don't think so!  The ONLY way you can ever please God and have the wisdom of God is to DO WHAT HE SAID!  NOT the opposite of what He said!  Do what your parents tell you to do.  Do what your teachers tell you to do insofar as reading, writing and arithmetic.  I certainly don't agree with all the liberal crap crammed down the throats of our children!

Have you ever heard of the ten COMMANDMENTS?  They aren't the ten "SUGGESTIONS".  You can do the complete opposite if you choose -- God gave us freedom of choice -- but he also gave us a BRAIN and a CONSCIENCE.  You can do whatever you want to in this flash of a life here on Earth, but you won't change God's Word or His opinion or His commandments or His judgment!

Jesus said (the words are in red in John 14), "If you say you love me and you don't keep my commandments, you are a LIAR."

The young people in my life think it is so horrible that I said they lied.  I hope these young people REALIZE that they will stand before ALMIGHTY GOD someday, and He isn't going to TOLERATE their lies, or fail to mention them in fear it might sound NEGATIVE or UPSET their tender little emotions.  If the lies aren't confessed and covered by the blood, the liars will be cast into Hell for eternity.

What is so very sad is that the attitudes of young people keep them from succeeding.  They break up families.  They hurt other people, but mostly themselves.  And even sadder than that, is in so many cases -- as I heard said by someone else recently -- the parents of these young people are the ones who taught this kind of thinking.  The parents are just as screwed up as the children!

Okay.  Back to Hagee's sermon:

There are 4,000 abortions a day because of people's choices to "do their own will" instead of "doing God's will".  Murdering a baby is NOT a choice in God's eyes.  It is full blown MURDER!  People may tolerate it, but God NEVER will!  He said in Psalms for those who love the Lord to HATE evil!

I'm not sure young people today even KNOW what evil means or what it is.  They have been brainwashed to accept all filthy behavior as though it is good, and to "NOT JUDGE".  (Oops!  That was me again.)

Psalm 97:10

New International Version (NIV)
10 Let those who love the Lord hate evil,
    for he guards the lives of his faithful ones
    and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
Hagee warned about those that dabble in the occult.  The movies, the games (Ouija), the music.  He said, "If you are dealing with the occult, you are on the road to Hell."  I totally agree.  He also said that you must TEACH children HOW TO OBEY while they in the playpen, or when they are older, they will be taught to obey in the State Pen!

Delayed obedience is disobedience.  If you tell a child to do something, make them do it NOW.  Don't let them continue texting, computing, talking -- whatever -- until they FEEL LIKE obeying!  Take all that stuff away and make them obey.

To "pray" about the will of God when you already KNOW it, is disobedience.  Example:  Praying about tithing and giving.  You don't have to pray about whether or not it is God's will.  The Bible already TOLD you that.

And I will end with this statement from Pastor Hagee:  Can you be saved and out of the will of God?

Absolutely!

Romans 12

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

And I shall end today's sermon notes with this thought from me:

My fervent prayer is that young people -- old people -- all people -- will allow God to renew their minds to His PERFECT will for their lives.  It is the only way to true happiness.  And let me say, I, Joy, am FIRST IN LINE asking for wisdom from God every single day of my life.  It is my greatest desire to do His will.

I have lots of pics, but I'll save them for tomorrow's post.

God bless, and have a wonderful week ahead serving Him.

Hugs, Joy

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you could talk about your learning curve w/SFD & if you use it all the time or only once in a while. I am thinking of purchasing it but have spent so much $ on fitting software & books etc...I would like to know more about Sure fit...thanks sew much for any info & God bless you & hubby too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! If you will go back to the beginning of my blog you will see LOTS and LOTS of posts about my SFD adventures. I have made dozens of garments with it and I think it is the best thing out there. You can go to www.surefitdesigns.com and watch over 100 free videos about SFD there. You STILL have to adjust for sway back, round back, high hip, high shoulder and things like that, but the basic fit is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy