Saturday, February 28, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PHYLLY and Another Blouse

Yes, today is Phylly's birthday.


She is younger than I am, but not by much.

She took 3 days off for a little vacation with her daughter, Heather.  They had a totally terrific time.  I asked Phylly to please send me a picture of Heather WITHOUT cutting her head off.  It took two tries, but she did it!


Can you believe how those two tiny people EAT!?

Phylly is starting the Herbalife diet with me.  Margaret is doing it too.  I told Margaret we should have a contest.  She said she loses weight very slow.  Evidently, I do too.  I'm still at 148.  I'm going to have to quit adding that 1/3 banana to my shakes.

I dearly love the days I spend with my daughter, Tammy, so I know how much fun Phylly had.  Heather has a hubby and two sons somewhere, lol.  Work and school I suppose.

And I did finish what I call my "Welt Blouse".  I am taking a Craftsy class about fashion details in sewing.  I have never put a welt in anything before, so I thought I would try it in this blouse.  This is Peggy's Sonya blouse that I have also made with my Sure-fit Designs dress kit.

I LOVE the style, and I've made it about six times.


And, OF COURSE, I made bracelet and earrings to match.




Need to check on Jerry and the dogs.  The weather is VERY COLD.  The dogs seem to love it outside, but I don't know how.  This was Jackie when she came in yesterday.

I'm sure they look like this again as they have been out in the snow for hours.

Have a LOVELY weekend my friends, and HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY EVER my friend, Phylly!  Your gift should be on your desk when you get to work on Monday.

Hugs, Joy

8 comments:

  1. LOVE Jackie's white "beard." Too cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blouse is beautiful and Jackie is cute even with her snow mask! Thank you for my birthday wishes. I've wished I was still in Owasso all day. LOL. You know why.
    I did get the sleeve pattern altered. It didn't need much. I also cut out the front, which is on the bias. In the morning I'll cut out the back, the facing and the sleeve. If the grandkids cooperate I might get it finished.
    Hugs, Phylly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthdau, Philly from the Nethetlands. I like Joy' postings and videos with you, especially the classic 'crotch measuring adn crotch fitting'. The way you to interact makes me ... Joyfull and happy. Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I wrote without my second pair of mature eyes amd made some typing mistakes: ' the way you two interact', of course. Another ' happy birthday Philly' is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And last but not least - Murphy's law- it is Phylly! One happy birthday more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new blouse. I was going to ask what the pattern was from your last blog entry. now I know. Happy Birthday to Philly. Maureen
    Love the snow face

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy