Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tuesday's Patience Training Course

Why is it that sometimes the SIMPLEST task turns out to be the HARDEST task.

Something that should take one hour, takes seven hours!

Some of you know I have a very nice Ellisimo embroidery machine.  It is probably considered an antique now as I bought it in 2009, but it is still new to me.

Terry -- as usual -- is making a quilt for someone else.  It is a memory quilt, of sorts, from tee shirts of her friend's children.  Terry added an embroidered block to the quilt showing the names of the three children.  She asked me if I would embroider it for her on my machine because she doesn't have one.  The design had been done on her sister's machine, but one of the names was misspelled.

I think, "SURE!  No problem!  Bring it over, and I'll do it for you."

Terry got here before 2 today, and she left at 6!  We had problem after problem after problem after problem until we were both about to scream.

At one point Terry said, "If this DOES NOT work now, I'm going to cry!"

I said, "If this DOES work now, I'm going to cry!"

I have decided the problem lies in the fact that the design was digitized in a different format than my software uses.  Somehow, the conversion from one style to another style and using a different machine has given the digitizing a brain hemorrhage, or something!

It is 7:24 PM and the final stitches are sewing out.

It has been "one of those days", for sure.

WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE was start all over with this design, and digitized it with my software.  It would have been so much easier.

Here it is FINALLY finished!

Tomorrow, Jerry and I go to The Skin Clinic in the morning.  Then I'm going to work after that.  I'll be back soon though!

Hugs, Joy

3 comments:

  1. Joy, the embroidered block is gorgeous and so professional! Whenever I use my embroidery machine, I always say a prayer and keep my fingers crossed that the thread doesn't break and the design stitches out okay. I think what I need is a lot more patience.
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have many days like that but the quilt block was well worth. It's great.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy