Terry came over today to put her new King Size quilt top on the longarm. I was about to start a new project, so I had to do the fitting corrections to the paper pattern. I was using a Simplicity pattern because I am pretty good -- uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, USED to be pretty good -- at Palmer & Pletsch paper fitting.
I opened up the pattern, and I cut out the pieces I would be using. I threw all the others on the floor where I always throw them.
THEN, I began VERY CAREFULLY chopping up the pattern front to put an FBA in it. First, of course, I pinned the pleat in the front and held it up to my body and marked my apex. Then I drew the lines and started slicing them up. I added paper. I added more paper. I took a tuck at the neck so the neckline wouldn't gape on me, and then I added more paper.
I was so proud. The fit was PERFECT! I held it up to myself, and I knew everything would turn out great in the fabric.
THEN -- and ONLY THEN -- I started digging through the rest of the paper pattern pieces looking for the BACK of the pattern so I could do the round back and the sway back adjustments. NO BACK was there, but I did find two FRONT pieces!
You guessed it. I had put a FULL BUST ADJUSTMENT in the BACK of the blouse.
Here it is:
I had hoped for a little sympathy and a vote of confidence that I really wasn't the dumbest seamstress on the planet.
She emailed me back and told me that if her mouth had been full of Dr. Pepper, she would have spewed it all over her monitor and computer from laughing SO HARD she was crying and almost peed her pants!
She said the worst part was she couldn't even tell the other employees what she was cracking up over because none of them ever heard of an FBA.
They say "laughter is healing".
Phylly should be in excellent health tonight!
After my dinner shake tonight, I went back upstairs to the sewing room, and I put the FBA in the FRONT pieces.
I made a new video for the lady that is having trouble with the Steam-A-Seam 2 tape. Hopefully, I have cleared up whatever confusion I caused. I kept saying "wait until it dries". I should have said, "Wait until it COOLS".