Monday, July 13, 2015

Thanks for the Comments and Terry's Opinion

Thank you for all of your answers to my question yesterday.

It seems everyone pretty much agrees that nothing is anyone's business.

My interpretation, lol.

I can't help putting myself in the shoes of that little boy that has to live his entire life with only one arm and one leg due to his Mother's GROSS NEGLIGENCE.  WHAT IF a neigbor had thought enough of that child to go over and say something to the Mother?

What if the neighbor had offered to watch the child?

I don't really care one whit about what the parent would think of me.  I just think MAYBE -- JUST MAYBE -- I could tell the parent something the parent didn't realize, and MAYBE it would save the child's agony, pain and life-long deformity.

I think it is so sad that
#1:  people can't take advice anymore,
and
#2:  people are too afraid to offer it.

Terry came over today, and I told her about this discussion.  She told me she totally agrees with me.  She said that she and her first husband were walking through a Walmart parking lot one time, and Terry noticed a child in a car seat alone in a hot car with the window cracked just a few inches.  She tried to walk over to the car to see about the child.  Her husband GRABBED HER ARM and drug her away and told her to mind her own business.

That reminded me that the same thing happened to me one time.  I was alone though when I saw the toddler strapped inside a hot car in a Walmart parking lot.  I was FURIOUS!  I ran into the Walmart and asked for security or management or SOMEBODY.  I was told that someone else had reported the incident, and the police were on their way.  I went back out to check the car, and the police had arrived.

I ask God every time I hear about a child being abused or harmed, "WHERE was that child's guardian angel?"  I don't understand about guardian angels if they aren't for protection of these innocent little children, including those in the womb!


Yes, I know, we have free will.

I realize that any hood, criminal, murderer, or drug addict can make a baby.  But all the more reason for a caring neighbor to TRY to provide some kind of protection, if as one friend said, only a prayer.

Remember the girl and her children LOCKED in a backyard for years and years and years?  I promise you, if I had been next door to that, I would have called the police or CPS or something.

It is all so sad for the children.

When I was growing up, I dreamed of building a huge home that could be a refuge for abused or unwanted children, and I could take care of all of them according to Bible principles and instruction.  That sure can't happen.  Our government is so messed up, they would call ME the unfit parent!

Now, that I have thoroughly depressed myself, I will let you go.  So many sad pictures and stories come to my mind.  I need to go work on a quilt and fill my mind with a new picture!

Dear God, PLEASE protect the children and give their parents wisdom to keep them safe.

Hugs, Joy

15 comments:

  1. Good grief!!! I have typed a comment 3 times and then it disappears.

    For me, the bottom line---go/do what God places on your heart.

    In my book you are a Rock Star.

    My day begins with a check of your blog and then my email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Debora! That was my fault. I changed today's post after talking to Terry because she reminded me of the kids in the cars. Thanks so much for your sweet comment!
      Hugs, Joy

      Delete
  2. Yes, I'm with you Joy. My husband has often told me to mind my own business but then I can't sleep without wondering what happened for me not saying something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ramona!
      I know what you mean. I care a LOT more for the children than I care what their parents think of me, and that goes for big kids too.
      Hugs, Joy

      Delete
  3. My husband and I were driving thru a small town on a Sunday morning and saw a toddler in the middle of the street with nobody around. My husband slammed on the brakes, In jumped out of the truck and swooped that baby up. We found out later he was just over a year old. I saw people going into a church and yelled at them did they know whose baby this was and that he had been in the street. They paid no attention to me, in fact one lady pullled her husband on inside with her. The baby's brother, 11 years old, came outside looking for him when he realized he was missing. I gave that boy quite an earful, but also blamed his parents for their lack of responsibility. We had called 911 by then and I refused to give the baby to the brother and requested the parents. The parents had left an 18 year old in charge who had decided to go hang out with friends. Finally a deputy arrived and took over. I was beside myself thinking of what could have happened if we had not been alert and saw this baby in the street.
    I think we should get involved if we see a child being mistreated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, I thought you were asking about you responding to the child in the back yard playing on the trampoline when you and Jerry were out and about. If your question was more on the line of getting involved when you see a child or anyone for that matter, that is in danger, then yes you need to respond and take whatever action is needed to try and protect that person from harm. Unfortunately now a days people don't want to get involved, but it doesn't make it right. This world need a lot more caring people in it, but I don't see that happening. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes we are meant to be the guardian angel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that a baby in a hot car scenario is not the same as a child on a trampoline without a safety net. We grew up standing on the back of an open pickup truck, wind in the hair and eyes tearing, no seatbelts were required inside vehicles either..... Even for the driver etc etc. We all survived. I am not saying that to make things worse. Life is dangerous these days. We have been trained to be more careful. Young people have no common sense. It is all messed up - you are right. All we can do is act when someone is in danger and pray like crazy about the rest that we cannot control. Hugs sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A child in a hot car a toddler in the street You must do something. Not the same as offering some well meaning advice.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saving a kid in a hot car or in the middle of the street is not the same as letting a kid play, doing something you might not agree with, on their own property. I was at a restaurant with my husband recently and there were 3 women there, with their little kids. All three were drinking huge glasses of wine, several each. We were not in an area where they could be walking home, they would be DRIVING. I really, really wanted to say something...but I minded my own business. Would you have said something to these women?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, because I could not have done anything to change that. I certainly would have prayed that the children got home safely and that God gave them extra angels to protect them through their life. Happens all the time. Horrible parenting! The young girl on the giant trampoline was my neighbor. Children "playing" is dangerous when not supervised. Children drown all the time because nobody is watching them. That is why God gave them parents instead of having them grow on trees. (-; Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pray that the kids playing on the trampoline are safe, as well. Unsupervised kids at the mall or out riding bikes are abducted and murdered. If you think a mother would listen to you about letting her kids jump on the trampoline, then why wouldn't they listen to you regarding drinking and driving, or riding bikes alone or without a helmet? Don't alienate your neighbor, just pray for them. God does give kids parents, but not all parents are worthy of the gift...and there isn't anything you can do about it. As a civilized society, we are finished. (sorry, I need to quit watching the news, really sad about current events following bible prophecy so closely)

      Delete
  10. WE ALL ARE CHILDRENS GUARDIAN ANGELS. .should we act if we see real danger of course we should . ..

    ReplyDelete
  11. WE ALL ARE CHILDRENS GUARDIAN ANGELS. .should we act if we see real danger of course we should . ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course pray for families but l was taught. Faith without works is dead...just be diplomatic .

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy