Thursday, August 6, 2015

Turtle Soup, Formerly "Follow Me"

Hey everyone!

I only have a minute because I am in the middle of making a binding for my latest creation.

I was SO EXCITED to get this off the longarm this morning after working on it FOUR DAYS.  So much work, but so nice to have when it is all over.

Here is a short video you can watch until I get the binding on:

How bright and pretty those colors are!

I do love bright colors as I'm sure you have deduced by now.

If I finish the binding today, I'll post a still pic of it all done.

Hopefully, Jerry will help me mount it at the top of the stair case that has no floor underneath it.  Maybe Saturday.  He is feeling better, so I may be heading to Edmond next week.  Terry is going to be in Colorado all next week helping our church at a healing conference at Andrew Wommack's college, so it would be a good time for me to be gone too.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for the happy birthday wishes.  You made my day!

Hugs, Joy

8 comments:

  1. Joy...I LOVE!!!! the quilting you did on this quilt!! Wow!!! SO time consuming. The name "Turtle Soup" is just perfect!! Thanks for sharing the close-ups in your video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, amazlng details and vivid colors...just outstanding work. The name id perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt great quilting.
    Belated happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  6. UGH!! I have tried to comment on YouTube and can't!! I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    I LOVE the quilting you did on the "Turtle". I have been a long arm quilter for over 15 years and I really think you did a great job! I especially like the different textures you did in different areas with your stitching! Very nice!
    Also, I LOVE your videos!!!!!! You are so positive and full of energy. We are about the same age and I would like you to send me some of that energy!!
    I never had an interest in jewelry either, but after you talked about Jill Wiseman , I watched some of her videos and ordered a kit. What an influence you are.
    Anyway, these are all my comments rolled into one.
    Have a WONDERFUL day (for this is the day which the LORD has made!).
    Diana in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joy, I'm not a quilter but Turtle Soup (the name is perfect) is just so darn cute. Thank you for sharing. Question: did you do the stippling on the Long Arm!

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy