Sunday, September 13, 2015

You SHOULDN'T Judge????

It is SUNDAY, and God is so good to me!

I am so thrilled that we went to our church this morning to hear our Pastor, Duane Sheriff, preach.  He preached my FAVORITIST sermon of all.

I have been cussed at, told off, called names and had my own children and grandchildren say to me:

                  "You SHOULDN'T judge."

I tell them all that that is the biggest lie the devil has ever told!

Duane preached it this morning.

It was excellent.

He probably wanted to tell me to QUIT SCREAMING "AMEN" LADY!!!

OF COURSE, we are to judge.  All through the Bible there are comments about justice and judgment.

You make a judgment every time you make a choice or a decision.  If you know the Bible, hopefully, you make wise and just judgment calls, but they will be made -- wise or stupid.

I have been on a Skype call with my new friend, Deborah, for the last hour, so the exact wording of this morning's sermon has skipped my mind.  I will revisit the subject another time after getting the CD and listening to it again.

Deborah and I got our husbands to meet each other before ending our Skype call.  We have so much in common, and we are definitely going to get together.  Her husband upholsters collector (?) cars.  I'm not up on the lingo for that, but I decided that when they come, Doug and Terry will fit right in with the four of us.  He also loves to fish, and they live between Springfield and Branson, MO so are near to lots of lakes.

She just got back from a retreat at Louise Cutting's place in Florida.  I had to hear all about it.  She loves to sew and has taken all kinds of classes -- like me -- and she uses Sure-fit Designs.

If you are keeping track, you will recall I lost one sewing friend, but God has given me TWO new ones!  Actually, I now have THREE new sewing buddies if you count Debbie from Texas who is coming to sew with Terry and me real soon.  She is going to make a quilt for someone for Christmas.
 
I've got three more owls done, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see their cute faces and find out their preacher names.  I actually showed our preacher's wife his owl this morning.  I told him about it.  I'm sure they are both wondering if I need intercessory prayer!

I finally thought of a "B" name for a preacher owl, so "Blaze" has been changed to "Billy".  Everyone knows Billy Graham.  My "F" bird is going to be Franklin after Billy's son.  I couldn't think of an "E" preacher name.  Anyone know one?

I'm having lunch with a friend tomorrow, and I am looking forward to it.  Haven't seen her in ages.  She has been to Hawaii and Alaska this summer.  We have been nowhere but home, but that is our favorite place to be.  I will enjoy hearing all about her adventures.

Be back soon.

Hugs, Joy

5 comments:

  1. What about Elijah from the Old Testament? He was a great preacher and prophet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy,
    I tell people I'm not judging, I'm just relaying the message. God has already passed judgement. Anyway I'm loving that owl quilt and loving the cooler weather we are having. I love the Fall season.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romans 14:10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John 7:24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgement.
    I Cor. 2:15 The spiritual man judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one.
    Lev. 19:15 You shall do no injustice in judgement: you shall not be partial to the poor or defer to the great, but in righteousness shall you judge your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for looking those up for me!😃

      Delete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy