Sunday, October 18, 2015

LOOK What I Found This Time!

Wow!

I seem to be finding the nicest things lately tucked away for discovery years after I put them in their secret hiding places.

Years ago -- shortly after I got my longarm -- I was going to go on a Quilt Cruise.  I paid the deposit and had airline tickets and everything.  You had to make a TROPICAL THEME quilt for the quilt contest, and I have shown you that before.  It had to be a CERTAIN SIZE and it had to have at least ONE LOG CABIN BLOCK in it.

Let me run and snap a pic to refresh your memory.  Can you spot the sand castle, the crab and the turtle?

 And the stump is the log cabin block.
I decided that if I was going to go on a cruise with a bunch of quilters, I should have a QUILTED JACKET to wear while I was in the classes.  So I made a jacket entirely on my longarm.  I wish I could remember HOW I did this on the longarm.  I must have quilted a single layer of fabric and then cut it out into the jacket pattern after it was quilted.  I honestly do not remember.

Just a few weeks before the cruise, SOMETHING came up (as usual) making it impossible for Jerry to go.  I wasn't about to go without him, so I cancelled everything, and I lost my deposit.  I wasn't too happy about that, as you can imagine.

I decided the jacket was too dumb to wear anywhere else, so I hung it up in the very back of the coat closet NEVER to be seen again, UNTIL TODAY!

I discovered it was chilly outside when we were getting ready to go to town, so I sent back into the house to find a sweater or a hoodie.  I was shuffling through all of the "now too big" hoodies when I noticed this jacket way in the back of the closet.

I decided if I was MAKING a quilted jacket right now, that maybe the old jacket I made wasn't that dumb, so I pulled it out of the closet, and I wore it today for the very first time.

Jerry really liked it, and that made it even better!




I've gotta get.  Wash is waiting for me downstairs, and a stack of my husband's jeans is needing my attention.

Have a great week my friends!

Hugs, Joy





7 comments:

  1. Cute jacket - looks good on you.
    Made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy,
    You don't know me...yet, but I am one of your dedicated VLOG followers. When I need a smile during a difficult day on the road, I pull up YouTube and watch, well listen to your bubbly presence. In fact, you are one of the bloggers that has inspired me to finally get on the blog horse. If you find a minute, come see me at
    https://sewabuttononyourundewaredotcom.wordpress.com/
    Bye for now,
    Geni xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great jacket...keep wearing it. VICKY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy, I've been on vacation for a month, catching up now. So many things to say, so I will try to keep short. Your blue blouse looks so wonderful on you, I made that one, too a long time ago. That fabric is one of my favorite colors. Your are correct there is always someone that knows more than us, but most are not as delightful to watch, blog or read your blog. (BTW, you are an excellent writer, lots of description). I love saying hi to you on our Monday night ventures with Peggy. You were showing your owls, so cute. I do not know how to make a quilt but I love yours.

    I had a thought, would you make a video on how to appliqué the Owls or anything, including the best way to zigzag and turn while zigzagging...I can never get that right. And yours are so expertly done.

    Don't get upset that I say I am not very religious, my heart is with God, and you help remind me that he is still there. Thanks, we love you, just the way you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne,
      I'm not upset at all that you aren't religious. I think religion is a bad thing. A relationship with Jesus is what we all need desparately. A good, bible-teaching church, yes. Religion, no. And thank you for your comment. I don't think it was too long at all. I appreciate your thoughts very much. I may try to do a little video on applique, however, it is kind of hard to do without a camera helper.
      Hugs, Joy

      Delete
  5. Sorry, I didn't keep it short, but I tried.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy