Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Terry's Tee Shirt Quilt Business called "Sewbabee"

Hello about 6 PM on Tuesday evening!

Heartfelt thanks to all of you who made such nice comments on my last Sunday sermon post, and thank you all who didn't say what you probably would have liked to say.   I feel compelled to share the things that are really important to me, and at the TOP of that list is my faith.

Soooooooooo,
let's talk about Terry!  Surely, I can't get in trouble doing that.

I haven't taken pics of her almost-finished sewing room because the electricians haven't been back out to hook up the lights, and it is still dark inside.  I'll take pics for you soon though.

Terry has been here yesterday and today doing her latest thing which is making tee shirt quilts for paying customers.

She is REALLY good at it, and I made a video to prove it!  Can't show it to you though because I want to wait until the quilt is done.  Probably Thursday.

BUT,
UNTIL THEN,
Here is a picture of the quilt as she started putting the tee shirt blocks together with sashing:


People send her tee shirts either already cut up or in need of cutting.  She then has to iron interfacing of some sort on the back of each one and trim them down to the perfect size.  Then she has to buy the fabrics for sashings, backing and binding and buy the batting (stuffing).  Then she has to quilt it and bind it.  That is where I come in.  She uses my longarm, and she pays me part of the money she makes.  I never ask her to pay me anything UNLESS she is getting paid.  Then, she insists, and I don't resist.

That is me doing a happy dance, by the way.

Can't stay.

I need to clean up this room a bit before Terry and I get buried in it.

Hope the weather where you are is as lovely as it is here.  I was outside in my BARE FEET yesterday!

Hugs, Joy

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see Terry's new sewing room---I've been fascinated since I saw her nice view from your prior post---she will have so much fun working in such a space. She may only come out to use the longarm or get more fabric! Barbara

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy