Saturday, July 2, 2016

Sad Day and Good Friends

Goodness.  Yesterday at this time, I didn't think I would ever post on my BLOG again.  The day was full of things that made me very unhappy and sad.  The saddest part was that there is absolutely NOTHING I can do to change it.  Being a problem solver and fixer of all things broken, it is so hard for me to face the fact that something is just broken and isn't going to get fixed.

It all happened when I returned to work at our store.  First, was an issue with a dearly-loved employee.  Then I got into a fuss with my husband over something very small, but he couldn't understand what I was trying to explain, and it hurt my feelings.  He is SO BUSY juggling SO MANY "to do's", he doesn't have time for a wife at work, so his answer to all problems with me is to simply ignore them.  At that point, tears would not stop falling, and I had to leave.  Can't be that way at work!

Then, as if what happened wasn't bad enough, I got stuck in two very long traffic jams.

When I finally got to where I was going, I went to a Car Wash, and water started dripping down through the roof where it meets the windshield.  I called Safelite Auto Glass who just put the new windshield in my car a few weeks ago.  You know -- the ones who will dash to the Zoo at a moment's notice to put your windshield in?  Yep.  Them.  I got an answering service lady who told me she could not even have someone call me back.  I have to wait until Tuesday and call them back!  I could NOT believe
it!

Maybe I should have said I was AT THE ZOO!

I tried to cheer myself up yesterday by preparing a new blouse pattern. 

It ended up in the garbage. 

Today, I made a knit top from an older SFD pattern, and it was so huge in the armholes, you could have stuck your arm in with mine!  It is in the garbage!  I was so upset with myself thinking I couldn't even remember how to sew right.

My husband did call after work last night, and he actually HEARD me when I talked to him.  He was very understanding and very apologetic, and that healed half my broken heart.  The other half was still throbbing because of the other issue that happened that morning.

I went to bed last night so sad, I could not sleep.  My brain thinks it HAS to solve every single problem until it will allow me to relax.  I prayed and prayed.  FINALLY, a simple sentence came into my mind -- in my opinion, from the Lord -- and that simple sentence calmed me to the point I could fall asleep.  Honestly, how do people who don't know God get through a difficult day!?  Drugs or alcohol, I suppose.  Or tranquilizers.  Not for me.  It is hard enough to think clearly without that too!

This morning, my precious Princess Di somehow figured out that I had a bad night and needed a friend.  All she knew was I had a fuss with my husband and some kind of issue at work from an "I can't talk" text from me yesterday.  She just texted me as she always does, but she texted just the right words to me.  She cheered me up and gave me hope, and I  was able to bounce almost all the way back to "joyful Joy".  Just knowing someone else has been there and understands is so helpful.  She has owned a business of her own, and she is very aware of the issues that go on.  

Terry finally got a few minutes free from her SUPER-busy life full of company-all-the-time and week-long trips back and forth between homes and business, and she called me a little while ago.  I answered the phone which showed me her name, and I said, "WHO is this???"  She laughed.   

Terry cheered me up and we laughed.  She told me to get up SUPER EARLY tomorrow morning and go home to avoid the awful traffic jams on I-35 due to construction.  One of them backed up about 10 miles when I came up yesterday.  I told her I don't even get to sleep until 2, and I doubted I would wake up very early.  Besides, tomorrow is Sunday and church.  

I probably lost most of my readers long ago at this pity party. 

Sorry.  I tell it like it is in this life of mine.  Well, most of it.  Thank God, most days are joyful and my bubbly overflows.   Hopefully, THAT Joy will return soon IF she can remember how to sew!

Hugs, Joy

10 comments:

  1. Cyber ((hugs)) be kind to yourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Joy. Things will get better. Just keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy! Friends talk with each other and that is what you have done. We are all that way and we all have days like that, but thank The Lord, all our days are not like those. Love your blog, love learning sewing tips from you and love you, girlfriend!! Keep up the good work! Teresa from WV

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy, So sorry for the problems that you have had and hope things change soon. I sometimes get at a low point and wish it would go away also, its happens to alot of us ladies. I can only say that look back at what is really important....your husband's love and your life together....nothing is perfect all the time but sometimes the daily fuss can get in the way. Keep positive and tomorrow will be better. Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joy, I am sorry to hear you had a bad day. Just remember, tomorrow will be a brand new day full of fresh possibilities and dear friends. You wonder how people who do not believe in God manage, and I understand, as I did a long time ago. It is difficult, especially when one faces death of people one loves. But when things go wrong, remind yourself that there are people who face much worse off circumstances. When one gets in a disagreement with someone, remember that emotions/aderenalin often gets the worse of us. The best is to take a deep breath and let things cool off, always keeping the door open. When a project does not want to cooperate no matter what you do, it is because the mind is distracted. It is better to turn oneself to something completely foreign,or a task which does not command all your attention.I usually do my best cleaning on those days! :-)
    Hugs and have a beautiful weekend!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joy, It's hard to imagine you not being Joyful! Remember, this too shall pass. Sounds like you could get some comfort by reading Psalms 30! Sending cyber hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rejoicing INDEED did come in the morning. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Joy, you came into my life about 3 to 4 weeks ago. Before that, I didn't know you existed. Found you by accident on You Tube. I am at the point where yesterday I was missing you! I am not a stalker. Just a sewing enthusiast with about 8 machines (like someone else I know). Sergers, Embroidery, Singer, Brother....you name it. Some I bought, some were gifts from hubby, and some were offered to me by families that were "cleaning out" mom's house. I share those. Well, because of you, I now have my SureFit pants and dress kits. Yup! Pant Sloper #1 is done. I love the fit!! I let Glenda know how happy I was and that you are the reason I ordered the kits. I have a masterseamstress certificate from University of Rhode Island. I took the course years ago. I just closed my business and retired 4 weeks ago. NOW I HAVE TIME TO PURSUE MY PASSION. Thank you for letting me share my passion with you as I will continue to follow you on YouTube! OH....p.s. I have the FIT FOR REAL PEOPLE BOOK...I forgot I had it until you held up the book! I've had it for years!!! Joy, I luv ya and I hope this tough time for you ends real soon. We luv our joyful Joy but will support you on those poopy days too!!! Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO MUCH. I'm busier than a one-armed paper-hanger right now as the employee has quit. I am now the office manager as well as my other positions here. This too shall pass. Sigh!
      Hugs, Joy

      Delete
  8. Hey Joy! I have been watching you for about a year and I look forward to seeing you! You inspired me to start sewing again after 20 years and I have made everything I wear now! I wanted to tell you a tip; When I purchase my fabric I wash all my fabrics before I sew and I add 1 cup of white vinegar to the wash. This SETS the color, especially when you are sewing black. Now I add 1 cup of Vinegar to all my clothes and it is just that little extra that makes the fabrics young again. This may work on your quilt. Thanks so much for all your videos, and keep 'um coming! love them. much love, Cindy Smith from Georgia!

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy