Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday Chat

Hello everyone!

Went to our "old" church this morning on the internet and listened to Duane Sheriff.  He is such an excellent teacher.  His sermon today was Money Matters.  WOW!  Everyone in the whole wide world needs to hear it.  He said something about a verse in the Bible I had never heard, and I can't believe he caught the meaning of it.  He was talking about the rich young ruler and why Jesus told him to sell all his positions.

Matthew 19:17 As He was setting out on a journey, a man ran up to Him and knelt before Him, and asked Him, “Good Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 18 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

Duane said that Jesus was trying to see if the man realized that He (Jesus) WAS God, and that He (Jesus) was the only way he (the young ruler) could be saved.

I sure never understood that was the meaning of what Jesus said to him.  Makes perfect sense!

I have been so busy at work and at home that I haven't had much time for blogging.  I DID make a video I'm not sure I have put here yet.  Let me check that ....

Looks like I haven't posted it yet, so here it is.  It shows all my fun new fabric to make quilts for little boys who don't have a home.  How sad is that?

If I was younger, and there was a guarantee I could keep them, I would take at least two of them.

I have only two blocks left to put together in order to finish my Friendship Swap half-square triangle quilt.  Those are the blocks you see in the picture above.  I'll show you -- of course -- when I get the top done.  I may need your advice about borders -- if any.

Some of you may remember my birthday a few years back when Jerry bought me a new Fossil watch.  Shortly thereafter, I bought another one from Amazon because I wanted one silver and one gold.  I love them both and wear one or the other every day.  Well, they both decided to croak and not tell time anymore.  We went to buy groceries today at our faraway shopping Mall in Sherman, TX, and there is a Penney's there.

We took the two watches INTO Penney's, and we left with NO watches!

I don't know if the guy broke them when he took the backs off, or what.  THREE people worked on them, and none of them could get the back on again.  I had to leave them for person #4 who is supposed to be at work tomorrow.  The very nice young man, Austin, who worked on the watches for a very long time -- nearly an hour -- assured me that person #4 will make it right.  I assume that will involve sending the watches to Fossil.  I don't know.

I have been very frustrated over having to work so many hours.  It appears that Candi may not be returning as planned since she is still in so much pain she cannot sleep.  It is so sad for her, but puts me in a position to need more help.  I'm praying God gives me wisdom and all the answers.  He always does.

Won't keep you.  Gonna go make those last two blocks since my weekend is passing quickly.  Very happy to have some groceries in the frig, freezer and cupboard.

Have a fabulous early Fall week.

I'll be back soon with SOMETHING to show you.

Hugs, Joy




3 comments:

  1. Love the fabric, just checked out freight to the UK. Far too expensive for me. Pity ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! God is the BEST! I too was studying in the Word last evening and came upon that very verse. :D. It has another meaning, but I'm so happy to have learned the one you shared from your pastor. God bless you and your business, as you know He has your back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You sooooooo much for making the quilts for the little boys. A quilt will be something that they will be able to keep with them longer than a toy.
    I know you probably have already thought about this but just in case you haven't, I think it would be a good idea to have a label or an embroidered square at the bottom of the quilt for their name.
    Stay Joyful and keep being you!
    MB TX

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy