Friday, December 2, 2016

Friendly Friday Hello!

Good morning my friends!

I am a happy girl this morning -- well, happier than usual -- because my hubby arrived last night.  We slept in until 7:30 this morning which is super late for him.  He is usually up at 5:00.  He said he really missed me while I was in Des Moines.  That is always good to hear.  (-:

I did not make it to JoAnn's yet, and I can't go today.  We have a funeral to attend at 2:00, and funeral attire isn't really comfortable for shopping a Joann's sale.  I will go tomorrow.

And to answer the question from the lady who thinks there is Brandy in my coffee:

No, just caffeine.  I am just a bubbly (some say "loud", some say "annoying") personality.  That is why I talk to cameras.  They do not care how I act or what I say.  No reaction.  Sometimes, when I talk to people, they look at me funny, and it makes me think I'm ugly or loud or fat or weird, or all of the above, lol.  So I just shut up and suck myself back inside.

Thank you, Helga, for your Christmas advice.  You are SO RIGHT.  My good friend, who also happens to be Jerry's first wife (she introduced us), lost her husband this week.  The funeral is today. This Christmas, she will not have her beloved husband of 40+ years in their home and in her life.  I will have mine.  I can't imagine a more wonderful blessing to celebrate our Lord's birthday for.

Remember the blouse I was making in my last video.  I was able to add the collar I was "seeing in my mind", and I am very pleased with it.  It took some figuring because the collar is a woven and the blouse is a knit, but I was able to do it.

Power Tools suggested I leave it plain, but I already have a lot of plain tops.  I wanted to experiment with something new.





It LOOKS LIKE I have a scarf on, but I don't.  And like most scarves that I remove before leaving the house because they drive me crazy moving around, this one STAYS PUT!

Time to go get ready for my day.

You all have a nice one, and I'll be back to show you how many things FALL into my cart when I go to JoAnn's to look for Terry's patterns.













Hugs, Joy






17 comments:

  1. Joy I think you want the people who follow your blog to be honest so here goes. Just my opinion and not trying to be mean. I think your body shape is too thin and tall to wear this style. The scarf looks great but it is too loose fitting. If it were a lighter fabric it would look better too. The white fabric looks too heavy. OK and as far as your personality, don't change a thing.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! You said that very nicely, and I totally agree. I have a hard time dealing with this "tent on top and paint on the bottom" style. A more drapey fabric looks better for this style. I still like it enough for wearing to Joann's and Walmart though.
      Hugs, Joy

      Delete
  2. Love how you used the print on the white, it gives a nice result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, the time you spent figuring out the collar for your new blouse was well spent. The blouse and you look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy, I agree with Charlotte that the fabric might be a bit heavy, And I like the scarf look with the white. The colorful collar pops because of the white. Nicely done. And I think the style looks fine on you, aren't you rather tall like 5'6". I'm short 5'3" and can not wear that style at all, I've tried. Can't wait to see what you get at Joann's

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit, Joy, particularly the scarf effect and would love a few pointers on how you achieved it, if you have time. The tunic is far too nice to wear to Joann's and Walmart!! (Wearing my critical sewists hat; maybe the pattern is too wide on the shoulders, but apart from that, it's great)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joy I love the the top and think the collar is great. As far as your personality goes NEVER change you are perfect the way you are. That is the reason I started following you....your bubbly honest to the point kind of gal that I so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colour of your collar and top the colours really suit you.
    The top looks really comfortable and you should look smart regardless of where you are shopping you never know who you will meet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet T
    Clever top and "scarf". I enjoy your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rose Reyna Hi Joy never change! I really enjoy your bubbly personality. I love your top.Maybe some slacks would look better with the top! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Joy Never Ever Change,I enjoy your bubbly personality. I too come off as loud maybe obnoxious and cheerful. Some people don't like that! Lol ;) I love your top/blouse. From my heart we love you Joy! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joy Never Ever Change,I enjoy your bubbly personality. I too come off as loud maybe obnoxious and cheerful. Some people don't like that! Lol ;) I love your top/blouse. From my heart we love you Joy! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joy. I love your personality. You inspire and encourage me. I have tons of fabric and get so excited when you show and tell about your projects. I thank God for you. We need more enthusiastic and bubbly people like you and I believe God has blessed you to be a blessing to many. You keep going, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your top, the collar solves a problem with a moving scarf and it looks so nice on you. GREAT JOB! Keep posting, love your blog & videos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the blouse and the collar!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joy what is the pattern for this shirt? I would love to make this for myself.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy