Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Happy, Merry ALMOST Christmas!

So MANY things going on.  I've been so busy, I haven't even thought about my BLOG and how far behind I am.

Last Friday, we had our first company Christmas lunch.  We went to Zio's.  It is an Italian restaurant with AMAZING apple pie that has a hot brandy sauce on top and ice cream on top of that!!!  WHY-OH-WHY didn't I take a picture of that!?

Only one employee didn't make it.  Evidently, somebody forgot to tell him about it.  GUESS WHO saved a seat for me?  You all remember her, I'm sure:


Yep!  It is PHYLLY!  We had SO MUCH FUN!  We started laughing the moment I sat down, and we never quit.  Next to Phylly was Sheila.  You HAVE to meet her!  The lighting was awful and most of the pics were too fuzzy to even fix.  I'll get her next year.  She laughs all the time too.

Everyone was in the best mood.  My husband was just going to hand the stack of bonus envelopes down the table and have people fish theirs out of the stack.  I said, "NO WAY!, Jose'"  Give them to me.  So I went down my side of the table passing out envelopes and giving hugs.  THEN, he decided he wanted to do the other side of the table and give his OWN hugs out.  WAY FUN!

On the right in the pic is Kodi.  Kodi was a teenager when we hired her to work a few hours a week. She has been with us 11 years now!  Everyone loves Kodi.  Especially, the customers!  The other lady is Kathy.  She just started a few weeks ago.  I had never met her.  I liked her immediately when I mentioned we needed pictures, and she JUMPED UP and ran to the end of the table and started snapping pics with her camera.   Unfortunately, they were all pretty fuzzy, and I can't use them.  She is personality-PLUS!

Here is ONE-HALF of Sheila.  Goodness.  The pics are just so fuzzy, this is the best I could do with all the other employees.  The guys were completely fuzzed up.  To the left of 1/2 Sheila is Misty.  To the left of Misty is Diane.  I had never met her before either.  On the end is our wonderful, sweet Carol.  Carol has quit at least twice, but she keeps coming back.  We all cry every time she says she is quitting and she takes pity on us and stays.  I think she is down to one day a week now.

Tomorrow is our Christmas lunch for the Kingston crew.  We are going to Chili's in Durant which is the most exciting place within driving distance down here.  I will TRY to get some pics, although it is difficult if there are other people within view of my lens.

After that, I will get ready for what MAY or MAY NOT happen this year with my family for Christmas.  I am hoping for a BIG TIME Christmas miracle, and I'm sure you can guess what that is.  Joel Osteen says to "pray BIG prayers", and I really am doing that.

Trust you all are enjoying your holidays and getting prepared for a FANTASTIC brand new year!  How wonderful that we keep getting "overs" on what we do with a brand new year.  I'm going to try really hard to not screw anything up this time.

JESUS is the REASON for the SEASON!

Hugs, Joy

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed seeing the pictures. I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas. So glad to see Philly. Often thought about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a very happy Christmas and a heathly New Year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you and yours find the magic of Christmas in your hearts. Bev B.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy