Wednesday, April 12, 2017

It's a Wonderful Life!

Hello Everybody!

This has been a happy and crazy day with a very frustrating end!

It is such a hassle when you have to buy new stuff, don't you think.  In this instance, it is two TV's. Seems harmless enough, but wait!

JUST because the TV you buy your Mom is new doesn't mean it is going to have a good picture, and the people aren't going to have yellow hair and green bodies.  Good Heavens!  My mother's brain is mixed up enough already!

JUST because you find out that your own big screen TV is suddenly broken and doesn't work and is considered a dinosaur doesn't mean you can just go buy another one and a cabinet to place it on.

Well, you can BUY the cabinet, but you can't expect someone to deliver it to you, unless, of course, the young lady behind the check out counter really does know someone who knows someone who MIGHT be able to deliver the cabinet to you -- IF you call her FIVE times the next day to see if she found said person.

JUST because two hulks show up at the door to deliver the new big screen TV, doesn't mean that when they carry out your old TV that they won't drop it on your front porch and break one of the bricks in half leaving a sharp cutting edge sticking out and half the brick lying on the ground.

And JUST because you call the store where you bought it and tell Customer Service that your front porch is now broken and you want it fixed that the person is REALLY going to tell the Manager and he/she will call you back.

UGH!!!

That has been our yesterday and today except for Jerry going to the knee doctor who told him it takes six to eight weeks to recover from the surgery, and I guess his knee still hurts like crazy because it has been only six weeks.  I went to my heart doctor to find out I have a leaky valve and it beats too fast at times, and I am not to take decongestants even though my nose is running like a sieve at this very moment, and, OF COURSE, I am not to drink caffeine.

Other than that, all is perfectly wonderful in my life.

Seriously!  How many millions would not LOVE to have my little inconveniences.

I did have a lovely lunch with Phylly today.  She took a long lunch so she could follow me to JoAnn's Fabrics after lunch.  Both of us were VERY disappointed at the poorly lit, disorganized, jumbled up "mess" of fabric at the JoAnn's, so we went to Hobby Lobby across the street.  It was well lit and the fabric was cheerful and Spring-like, and I found three pieces I could not resist.  Phylly found only one.  We actually both realized we didn't have anyplace to PUT the fabric we were buying, but we didn't care!

My daughter came over this morning and took my Mother home to her house so her Dad and I could go to the doctor today.  I think they left here about 10:00 this morning.

Jerry and I arrived at my daughter's house about 5:30 tonight to pick Mom up.  She already had on her coat and her hat and was standing at the door!  She had been pointing to her watch and asking Tammy WHEN we were coming to get her since 3:00.  Tammy was VERY READY to let her Grandma leave.

My Mom thought Jerry was going to stay at Tammy's, and only she was going to come home with me.  Then when I was seat buckling her into the back seat of my car, I gave her a hug.  She said, "When will I be seeing you again?"  LOL.  I told her in about one second when I got in the front seat.  Sad but so funny.

Better get this head in bed.

Trust all of you are having a wonderful life and a wonderful week.

Hugs, Joy












1 comment:

  1. hi joy!
    i have been watching for a new post, thank you for the update. i am glad to hear things are not just wacky for me! i just wanted to say hello and that i am still praying for you, jerry and your mom.
    cheers!
    dee

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy