Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Finally! Red Knit Top - A Keeper.

It is nearly 6 PM here where I've been working most of the day on this knit top.  Actually, it spent some time in the washer and the dryer.  I sewed the shoulder pads in twice, and then took them out, but I may put them back in.  The thing is, when I washed the top to get all the WASHABLE marker out of it, the marks were a booger bear to get out.  Probably because I had ironed them so much and maybe because of this rubbery knit.  I had to put a ton of stain remover on some of the marks and then rubbed and rubbed.  Hence, the neckband is a bit stretched now.

I remember another thing I don't like about this Ponte.  It looks worn out after just a few washings.  The neck band laid against my neck so nice UNTIL I washed it.  Now it wants to stand up.  I hate that.  I may even put another one on making the neck opening larger.  I'll see how I feel about that in the morning.


Okay.  Here's the pictures of the top all done and on top of my SFD yoga pants.  I took lots of pics of the pants too today so you can see how great they turned out.  I love these pants so much!  They are out of Ponteroma knit.  I will put them in a separate post though so I can find it later.




The top is a bit full in the front.  The SFD pattern allows for waist darts in the front, and this would look good with the waist darts in it, but I am wanting a fuller fit.  I had to remove most of the upper curve in the back, but the sway back indentation worked okay.  The shoulders still sit back too far, so I will move them forward on the paper pattern.  I will start top #5 tomorrow out of a nicer knit.  Can you tell I don't have a whole lot to do this week? 

Did I say I LOVE those pants.  Watch for "SFD Yoga Pant" post. 

Hugs, Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy