I worked on getting it to fit for hours. Didn't know how to do those sleeves on SFD, and I hate to bother Glenda constantly. Then I cut it out and sewed it together. Then I decided I just didn't like it, although I did a great job getting the bust right. Anyway, it is in File 13 now. I don't like clothes I have to mess with to get them to settle on my body. It didn't feel good on, if you know what I mean.
So after yesterday's emotional highs and lows, and the knit top that didn't work, I decided to get my Route 66 Quilt out of the closet. When I first brought it in, it was two large pieces that had not been joined in the center yet. So I sewed them together in the center, and this is what it looked like:
This quilt is so big, I couldn't really finish it like the pattern called for. My walls up here are 9 feet tall, so I had to get this quilt to stop at 9 feet. I added 6 1/2" borders all around which makes the finished quilt -- before it is quilted -- 9 feet by 8 feet. Here is what it looks like now:
My husband is up here as I am typing this post, and you won't BELIEVE what he is doing. Well, let me show you some pictures...