Good Sunday afternoon! We listened to the 2nd in the Blessing Series from Pastor John Hagee. It was pretty much the same as last week's sermon, except that all the families sat together in the church. After the service, everyone stood up, and the Dad's of the families spoke blessings over each of their children.
I was quite shocked to hear Pastor Hagee say that he and his wife have earned the right to SPOIL their grandkids. I sent him a message -- which he will probably never get -- suggesting that he look up the word "spoil" in the dictionary. I hear people say it every day, and I always want to correct them, as my Mother once did me, but people just won't hear it. To "spoil" a child "rotten" is a horrible thing to do. Words have meaning, and when we speak them, it brings them to fruition. Hence, the whole purpose of the message on SPEAKING words of blessing over your children.
Now, I shall quit MY sermon of the day and get on to the new blouses Phylly and I are wearing today.
Mine was supposed to be super-simple New Look 6895. It was quite problematic and took most of three days to get it to look halfway decent.
Problem 1: The flounce itself turned out beautiful, but on the blouse it looked like I could flap my arms and take off into the sky any moment! Not only that, the points of the flounce on the center front pushed the front of the blouse down into the cave between my boobs, and that looked really weird. The flounce is now resting comfortably in the trash.
Problem 2: It needed a Full Bust Adjustment which I put in as a bust dart under the arm and then MOVED IT up into the already gathered neckline. This seemed like a great idea at the time. However, I had so many gathers at the neck, that the front of the blouse wants to "cowl" into droopy shapes all down the center front. Actually, even without the extra gathers, it wanted to do that.
Problem 3: The front turned out so full, I was afraid someone might see me at the mall and call 911 to help the poor old lady about to deliver a baby any moment! Therefore, I put two waist darts in the front.
Problem 4: The shoulder, as it was, did not cover my bra strap, so I had to widen it toward my neck a bit.