Friday, January 25, 2013

New Video About Buttonholes

I made a new video yesterday about my vertical/horizontal buttonhole dilemma.  It will be a new tutorial in case anyone else on the planet has the same issues.  Surely, there is more than ONE perfectionist out there!

I made this video 4 times yesterday because something screwy kept happening in each one. 

In one take, I was wearing a too-big pair of jeans, and unbeknownst to me, they kept falling down every time I moved -- and we all know, I am constantly moving!  In one area of the video you could see my entire bare tummy!

In another take, the battery went dead.

In the final one, I had the lights set up but I forgot to turn them on.  By then, both batteries were dead, so I just gave up and downloaded it. 

Just assume, if you watch the video, that I really am NOT that yellow!

ANYWAY, here is the link to "Buttonhole Lawlessness":


Now, I really need to get busy doing SOMETHING!  I had one of those nights last night when I could NOT go to sleep.  I blame Phylly because she hates coffee and drinks only tea when she wants something hot.  So, I have a lot of really nice teas in both my homes FOR PHYLLY, but sometimes, I want to have some.   

I sit here in front of this computer, and the Blueberry Black Tea calls to me from over there in the drawer.  And Phylly doesn't come here enough to ever drink it all.  So I made myself two cups yesterday about 1:00 using only one tea bag. 

At 2:00 A.M., I was sitting on a barstool in the kitchen wondering WHY I was still wide awake.  At 3:00 A.M., I was sitting in the upstairs guest bed reading blogs on my laptop.  My husband came upstairs at 9:00 this morning to see if I was still alive.  Then he gave me "THE LECTURE" -- you know the one about how I am never to have caffeine.  I was too tired to even stop him, so I just listened to it for the 10 thousandth time. 

Sad thing is,
I sure could go to sleep right now!  I drank 2 cups of coffee this morning.  Now WHY, WHY, WHY doesn't that keep me awake now??????????? 




I better get. 

Have a GLORIOUS day!

Hugs, Joy

  

7 comments:

  1. I'm not seeing a link to the video. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm? It is right there. Click on the arrow in the center of the you tube picture above. It isn't a link like I used to put here. Just click on the pic of me next to Lucy.
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just it---there was no picture, no arrow, no nothing! It's there now. Sigh. Perhaps I should have waited a few hours and checked again before commenting. Sorry. Blogspot has been giving me some problems lately. Will go watch now. :)

      Delete
  3. Joy,

    Yet again you have enlightened and taught me something! Love the video!

    Debora - NM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Joy,
      I am up at 3:30 as I can't sleep, and I didn't have any tea. LOL.
      I love your blogs !
      One answer for getting your videos. In the email I get the video is a black box.
      The only way I can access it, is to highlight your title JOYFULL EXPRESSIONS , that brings me to the Internet and there is your photo with the aero to watch the video.
      I have a problem getting back to send any messages.
      Joanie

      Delete
  4. Another "Peggy Pronouncement"! Where does she come up with such things? Give me a reason that blouse buttonholes must be vertical. It is probably something she learned in the "industry" and industry does it that way because it costs them money to have to change the set up on the machine that does the buttonholes, so all blouse buttonholes have to be made the same way. Or maybe they can save an eighth of an inch of fabric. Who knows? Just make your buttonholes the way you want to and if we encounter Miss Sagers and she sneers at your buttonholes, I'll climb up on my chair and punch her in the nose for you. But, you'll have to hold her arms down so she doesn't put her hand on my head and stand out of the way of my swings!

    Tea. Well, if you would drink that dishwater they call herbal teas you could go right to sleep. Your body just doesn't know what good tea is. Like a good Okie/Texan I've been drinking it all my life, hot or iced and it doesn't keep me awake at all. I was weaned from Momma's breast to sweet tea and I love the stuff. I think I'll go make me another cup of Harney and Son's wonderful "Queen Catherine's Blend" and start sewing. You know I'm bringing it to Tulsa IN TWO WEEKS.

    You know I love you!
    Hugs, Phylly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know Marta Alto's stance is that blouses or shirts with a front facing usually use horizontal buttonholes and blouses or shirts with a front band use vertical ones....so that is the standard I go by...but I guess it is an individuals choice...that's why is is so fun to sew!
    BTW, I enjoyed your video too!

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy