Thursday, May 16, 2013

Caffeine Shortage and a Rainy Day

Good evening friends! 

How was your day today?

Mine was fairly monotonous and boring.  I woke up with a sore inside my lower lip, and I told myself that I must be drinking too much coffee.  Coffee is very acidic.  Nuts always give me a blister in my mouth, but I haven't had any nuts for ages. 

When I have a supervisory position such as watching what the workers are doing while building my patio roof, I tend to always have a cup of coffee in my hand.

Anyway, I told myself I was NOT allowed to have any coffee this morning, and I asked Jerry not to make it for me.  He always makes me my own special pot because he drinks only decaf, and he brings me a cup of hot coffee to my bedside every morning.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  How SWEET is that!?

No coffee for me all morning.

By noon, I was so sleepy and lathargic, I could barely make myself move.  I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.  And then I remembered!  No caffeine.  So I decided I would allow myself to make ONE cup of coffee in my new Keurig coffeemaker up here in my sewing room.  I grabbed a little K-cup and put it in.  I drank every last drop, and it was delish! 

Time went by, and I stayed as sleepy as I was before.  Good grief, Charlie Brown!  I decided I better eat some caffeine -- aka chocolate -- or drink some more or something.  Decided to go brew another cup of coffee.  When I opened the Keurig to put in another K-cup, I noticed that the K-cup I had brewed earlier was DECAFFEINATED.  Duh!  No wonder it didn't help at all. 

I put in Black Tea this time, and I made a large glass of strong iced tea with it.  I suddenly came to life and decided to cut out a new blouse, do two bank statements, vacuum the movie room, make some phone calls, unload the dishwasher, make dinner and do the dishes.  Now, I'm up here talking to you. 

YES!!! 

I feel like me again.  I, evidently, am fueled by caffeine every day. 

Next time someone asks where I get all my energy, I guess I can finally tell them!

No progress on the patio roof today because the workers were only here five minutes before we got a downpour of rain.  We really need the rain, but I wish it would have come sooner or later so my project would get done.  I'm sure they will be back in the morning if the rain doesn't return.  They are the most wonderful team of workers I have ever had do construction for me.  Jerry and I both told them we may keep them busy from now on.

Maybe I'll have a finished roof on my patio to show you tomorrow, and maybe I'll have a new blouse to show you too.  And I'm glad this blister is almost gone because I'm not giving up my morning coffee tomorrow!  I'll try to sip it sideways though.

Hugs, Joy

1 comment:

  1. That is why you were alive and working on the bank statements a little while after I got the note that you were so sleeeeeeeepy. I do hope you are able to sleep tonight. I've been drinking tea all day and can't keep my eyes open now.

    I've been trying to figure out how to get my CS machine into my sewing room so it is easy to get to. I think I'm going to do some cleaning and re-arranging. I have an old sewing cabinet that I think will fit and my cover stitch can sit on it.
    Hugs, Phylly

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy