Friday, August 2, 2013

Legs All Done and Picture Toss

Thank goodness, I have had the last surgical procedure on my legs -- for now, anyway.  I have to go back in 6 weeks and 6 months for more prods and pokes, if needed.  After my post-op on Monday, I hope the doctor will release me to travel.  I noticed in my mountain of paperwork from his office that I'm not supposed to travel for two weeks.  And for SIX weeks, I'm not supposed to travel over an hour without stopping to walk around somewhere.  That should be real easy on a busy highway with no towns around. 

I can hear the people driving by as they see me walking around in circles on the shoulder of I-35.

"Look at that lady, George!  Wonder why she has those strange socks on, and why she is walking around in circles?"

"I don't KNOW, and I don't CARE!  Mind your own business, Mabel!"

I spent many hours today looking for one certain picture of my grandsons.  There were SO MANY pictures in SO MANY boxes.  I finally put several boxes up on the bed, got up on the bed with some pillows behind my back, and I went though a zillion pictures.  I decided to get rid of a whole bunch of them today.

The ones of people I don't even know didn't seem that important.

The duplicate and triplicate pics of my grandbabies no longer seemed necessary.

The itty bitty black and whites from Jerry's grandmother's stash that I couldn't even make out with contacts AND glasses on. 

Pics of people that we used to do things with, but we don't anymore and haven't for 20 or more years, and I am QUITE CERTAIN they don't have any pictures of me.

Pictures of miscellaneous babies of miscellaneous people who we probably never knew.

Here they are -- on the floor where I tossed them -- awaiting their final resting place at the City Dump.


Do you see the little stash on top of the nightstand?  Jerry told me once that he never remembers his Dad ever holding him -- hugging him -- or saying anything nice to him.  He has also told me several times about how his Dad ran over him with a hay trailer when he was two years old.  I guess Jerry was sitting in the trailer.  The trailer went over a bump and Jerry went flying out and hit the ground and rolled UNDER the trailer.  Then his Dad continued to drive -- not knowing -- and the wheel of the trailer went right over Jerry's head.

Well GUESS what I found????????????????


That is Jerry's Dad.  Looks like a pretty normal guy back then.  Jerry says he can still remember how bad his head hurt.  Poor baby!!!

After I got tired of going through a thousand pictures, I decided to come upstairs and finish hemming some new slacks Jerry bought several weeks ago.  I don't know why I hate doing that.  It isn't hard.  It isn't fun though.  I did one pair while Jerry was out of town.  I had them BASTED with yellow thread.  I wanted him to try them on to be sure they were perfect before I put the actual hem in them.

I asked Jerry to come up before he went to work this morning to try on the basted pair of pants.  I TOLD him they were just basted but, OF COURSE, his selective hearing was turned off.  He put the pants on and he stood in front of the 3-way mirror.  He said they looked great.  He took them off and gave them to me.

Then, GUESS WHAT HE SAID?  He said it so sweet too.

"Joy, is that the best thread match you could find for that hem?"

I took a picture for you.  I can't believe he actually thought this was how I was going to leave these pants.


When he got home tonight, I was kidding him about it.

He said, "I thought it was strange that with $20,000.00 worth of sewing equipment and supplies, you couldn't make a hem look better than that."

I laughed and laughed.  I do have just a LITTLE BIT of thread to choose from.  This is only part of it:


Gotta go.  Time to get the achy legs up.  Both of them are sore tonight.

Wishing you the bestest weekend ever!

Hugs, Joy

1 comment:

  1. My brother and his best friend from the Navy, asked my mother to cut off their pants and convert them to shorts. She did, but she trimmed them with rickrack; yellow for my brother Jim, and pink for his friend, Ed. They laughed when they saw them. The next thing we knew they were outside playing basketball.

    I have boxes and boxes of family pictures in a bedroom closet. I need to do exactly what you just did.

    You can stop in Ardmore at the McDonalds and get your favorite oatmeal cookies.

    Happy Birthday!

    Hugs, Phylly

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy