Monday, June 16, 2014

Two New Sure-fit Design Blouses and GUESS WHAT!?

Cross your fingers or your eyes or SOMETHING!  The internet seems to be working AT THE MOMENT!

I am going to hurry real, real fast -- my usual pace anyway -- to post a few pictures of the two blouses I just finished.  I need to make pants to go with, but I am putting sewing on hold until after our company comes and goes.  I've been cleaning house all day today.

Remember the bright daisy fabric that jumped into my cart while I was getting my aerobic walking exercise at Hobby Lobby.

I used my Sure-fit Designs blouse pattern recently drawn for a video that I can't upload yet, and I messed it up!  Wish I had a "BEFORE" picture, but I don't.  What I did was forget to add 5/8" seam allowance down center front for the facing.  I had added 7/8" for the button extension, and when I looked at it, I figured I was done with that part.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, my blouse ended up needing buttons smaller than flea eggs which, of course, do not exist.  I finally figured out HOW I could fix it, and I was so pleased with myself.  I cut the neckline much more OPEN which involved cutting below the top button and buttonhole in the blouse.  Since the buttons and buttonholes were already there, I then had UNEVEN button placement on the blouse.

Here is my CURE:
I ADDED MORE BUTTONS in sets of TWO down the front of the blouse.  Since the neckline was much more open, everything suddenly fit.

YAY!

This fix made the facing VERY NARROW in the V area, so I top-stitched all around it so it won't pop out.


After I finished the bright daisy blouse and discovered my gigantic mistake down center front, I decided to try again.  This time I added the 5/8" seam allowance.  I then took in the v-neck area so it would not gap.
AND I decided to try the Cap Sleeve in Glenda's revised Dress Kit Book.

The Cap Sleeve came out really open and big.  Let's just say I would have had to wear a REALLY PRETTY bra and be sure my belly was washed good!

My CURE for the large open Cap Sleeve was to gather it.

Hopefully, I won't look like I'm wearing a 2-year old's blouse design.

I can always file it away with my "pajama" outfits.

Actually, I really like it.  It is DIFFERENT from any sleeve I've ever done.



And GUESS WHAT!?

My grandson, John and his beautiful wife, Hollie arrived at the OKC Airport this morning.  My daughter snapped this picture from the front seat of her car:

I kid you NOT!  I thought I was going to have to apply Super Glue to my bottom and attach it to a chair to keep from grabbing Jackie, my keys, jumping into my car and heading 150 miles North to get my arms around these two!  The cat -- not so much.  (-;

Jackie is giving me "that look"!  The one that means I better let her outside, OR ELSE!

Have a great week, my friends.

Hugs, Joy

3 comments:

  1. You always find the best prints. Such cute tops. Enjoy your grandchildren!!! I'm interested to hear how Jackie does with the cat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the bright daisy print blouse, it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blouses are beautiful. I really love the green and black one. Sure-fit pattern???? I gotta go google......

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy