Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Wednesday Night Thunder

Hi Everyone!

I WAS going to email my friend, Margaret, but then I remembered she will be doing EXACTLY what my husband is doing:  Watching the Thunder game.  I swear, there is a Thunder game every day of the week.  Every time I try to be "the good wife" and watch a game, they lose.

I suppose everyone knows the Thunder is Oklahoma's basketball team.  I should have Margaret come over to watch the game with Jerry.  At least, Margaret knows WHY they keep running back and forth and back and forth and back and forth.  The score is usually 1 to 2 points apart.  I always say, whoever runs over to their side when the bell rings (or the gun shoots) is the team that is going to win.

I am so ignorant about basketball.  I was watching it for awhile the other night.  One of the guys ran over to the other side.  He jumped up and HUNG ON THE RING the ball goes into as he smashed the ball through the hoop.  Trying to act interested, I GASPED!  Oh my goodness!  That guy is really going to get in trouble!  He could break that ring off there!

Jerry looked at me like he would be calling the Nursing Home people as soon as the game was over.  He said, "Joy, you really don't get it, do you?"

Duh!  I've told him a million times I don't understand the game.  He thinks NOBODY could possibly be that dumb, so he never explains it to me.


I actually played basketball for a short time when I was in the 8th grade.  I figured it might be fun since there was a ball involved, and I loved to play 4-square in my driveway at home.

I think the teachers expected me to already KNOW the rules.  I didn't.  I wanted to bounce the ball around and throw it in the hoop.

But NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I had to run around like a broken robot and try to stop the people with the ball from getting it in the basket.  You couldn't TOUCH them.  I was always getting yelled at for doing it wrong.

I remember I didn't do it for long.  The teachers probably felt sorry for me and put me on the bench.

I actually was really, really good at ONE sport.  It was Jacks.  I used a golf ball to play Jacks, and I could beat every girl in the neighborhood.

If I could get down on the floor and back up again without a Crane, I would STILL play Jacks.

I made -- well, almost made -- a really cute top today.  My fabric is a bit faulty in a very strange way.  Fortunately, I had enough of it to make it work.  I had 3 yards of the fabric.  It is a black background with gray flowers on it.  Of course, it has SOME kind of flower on it.  You already knew that, didn't you!

Anyway, when I washed it, it got all twisted up around itself.  I shook it all loose and put it in the dryer.  When I took it OUT of the dryer later, it had white streaks where it had been twisted.  I have never had a fabric do that before.  I think I better hand wash the blouse I made out of it.

I was asked to find the post about the Sonya blouse that I redesigned with my SFD Dress Kit.  The post was on 12-3-14.  If you will look back at the earlier posts for that date, you will find it.  It is called "My Attempt at Restyling Sure-fit Designs Top to Another Pattern".

Hugs, Joy

1 comment:

  1. They were OUR basketball team first (Seattle Sonics). You can keep them! LOL I can't get worked up over sports, either, and understand the rules about as well as you do. I've got a jewelry making class this weekend - I wonder if they realized when they scheduled it that it was Super Bowl weekend? I half expected an email saying they'd rescheduled, but it's still on as far as I know. ;)

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy