Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Nida's Garden, The J's and New Camera

I am totally stressed tonight.

Why can't people communicate anymore?  I see problems all the time.  You can't talk to family or friends or employees or husbands or ANYONE without having to be sure you don't say something that might ruffle their tender little feathers!

And my grand kids' favorite comeback is "You shouldn't judge, Grandma."  That insane kind of thinking is certainly NOT Bible, and it has done so much damage to our children and our Nation!

OF COURSE, we should JUDGE!  You must judge what you eat, judge how you dress, judge who you become friends with, judge who you date, judge how you spend your money, and on and on and on I could go.

The word "Judge" means "to form an opinion or conclusion about".

I will admit that I was NOT born on the planet of "Unruffled Feathers".

In my family, if you didn't learn how to speak up and say what you wanted to say, you would be ignored, verbally abused and probably be mistaken for DEAD!

Now, I will admit, that my family was way off the scale when it comes to communication without concern for other's feelings, BUT we all knew how to speak our mind.  We didn't cuss or hit, but we could talk, explain, argue, discuss and speak up.

There has to be a happy medium in there somewhere.  People have to QUIT being so ridiculously sensitive all the time.

They need to smile, be happy, appreciate that they just maybe, might not be perfect, and could use some advice and/or correction now and then.


Proverbs 19:20-21   Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise.

So, I will let that go, and show you my two new videos from my brand new camcorder!

I am at my house where the internet upload speed FLIES, so it took less than one minute to upload these two HIGH DEFINITION videos.  YIPPEE!

The first one is for my friends Mona and Jack.  They used to be our neighbors in Kingston a zillion years ago.  They were from Colorado, and they didn't like Kingston's weather.  Mona hated it so much, Jack finally moved her back to Colorado.

Mona and Jack had LOTS of pets.  Goodness, there were usually about 5 cats, 2 to 4 dogs, chickens, goats and maybe a donkey or a horse or both.  I used to complain all the time about the dog and cat hair all over the place.  When I went to their house, Mona would say, "Don't come over here in black jeans!"  She would cover up a chair for me to sit in.  One of their cats threw up a hair ball or something once, and I thought I would throw up one myself!



I was very ANTI-pet at the time.  I figured I had enough to do with a business to run, grandbabies to care for and two homes to take care of.  I thought pets were a major nuisance.

Well, my little video will show you I WAS RIGHT!  Notice in the yard one of the MANY holes Josie has dug.  The backyard here looks like the surface of the moon!  Notice the two lawn chair cushions.  Notice the white stuff all over the grass.  It is NOT snow!  It is the former stuffing from the chairs.  If I could have turned the tree around, you would see the huge hole in the side of the trunk that Josie has chewed.

Sooooooooooooo, I emailed my friend Mona last week, and I told her that we now have two cats and two dogs.

She wanted proof!  She said she told Jack that we had two dogs, and he did not believe it!  He wanted proof!  LOL.  Hence, the video.

And, YES!  I have my new camera.  Actually, the 2nd new camera.  I got the next step up from what I first had because the first one had a NON-removable battery.  I like to have two batteries so one is always charged.  I noticed that my two new videos have HD next to them.  I decided that HD is really nice for the quilt, but not so much for my face!

Here is Nida's Garden:


I have to go for now.

Be back soon.

Hugs, Joy

9 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the quilt. You turn these out so quickly. Takes me months to even PLAN a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is gorgeous!! The colors are perfect and I think you did a wonderful job. BTW, you are RIGHT about the lack of communication. I could write a book on that subject.

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt. I know of a child's bed it would look splendid on lol well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous beautiful quilt! Please share your method for hanging it on the wall. Enjoying the new video camera. Beth in AL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with that quilt! Did you use a pattern from a book or just make it up yourself? I have admired lots of quilts before but this one is just gorgeous!! I sure would like to have the pattern for those flowers.
    You had asked me how old I was when I was talking about the Bernina 930.I will be 61 next month. I think I bought my 930 in late 83 or early 84.I keep wanting a new one like the red 530 that they have, but this one works just fine and I really don't want to spend the money. I am like you and love red and that machine has been on sale. I wish they would take it off sale so maybe I would quit thinking about it. When I saw a 930 on Craig's list for $350 I could not pass it up so I bought it for my daughter .It had been well taken care of and had all of the original stuff that came with it. You remember when we bought that machine all of the feet that came with it. My goodness they don't do that anymore.
    Wow Josie has really grown. I know what you mean about them destroying everything in sight. Most of that has stopped now that they are older. I know I couldn't believe some of the stuff they did when I was right there in the house with them. But like you I love them and wouldn't trade them for the world. I was telling you last time about having to put my 16 year old granddog down a couple of weeks ago. My daughter has just been lost without him. I told her that nothing helped us when we lost our last dog but to get another one to love. So we went to the shelter in Yukon and found a sweet little puppy and she has been so happy ever since. We have no idea what kind of dog he is but she really doesn't care. All she knows is that she loves him and he needed and loves her .His name is Cooper. Your new camera takes wonderful videos and it was Great to see your smiling face again.Oh by the way I have a few of those people with ruffled up feathers in my family too. I think we all have a few.
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita,
      So good to hear from you always.
      I will be very happy to send you the pattern. I did not use the original paper piecing patterns. I made copies of them. Therefore, everything is there. When I get back to Kingston, I will get the patterns (there are 12), and I will mail them to you. You may have them.
      Hugs, Joy

      Delete
    2. Oh what a treat. I will be glad to pay the postage. Thank you so much Joy.

      Delete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy