Sunday, May 31, 2015

Sunday Stuff

Hi friends.

We have actually had a whole day WITHOUT rain down here in Southern OK!  What a treat.  It is so cool for this time of year.

I started the day going to Hagee church twice and Sunday School once.  Hagee's sermon was about depression over the situation in America today and other things.  Nice to know I am not the ONLY one who has been depressed the last several years over our sad government that no longer honors God.

I pray and hope that our next president is a Christian, and not only a Christian, but someone who actually LOVES America, honors her flag, and KNOWS the Constitution.  I really like Dr. Ben Carson, but I'm not sure how far he will go.  There are so many people running, I can't keep track of them all!  I think even Donald Trump is in there somewhere!

That reminds me, I bought his audio book.  I need to listen to it as soon as I finish my post.

I made some yellow pants today.  Pants go together really fast if the fit is right.  I put pockets in them, and that takes a lot longer.  The hardest part for me is the waistband.  I have to take a weird tuck in the center back of it to make it bend into my back, and I have to put elastic around the bandless top while on my body, and then TRY to draw a line around the bottom of the elastic the whole way around my waist.  NOT EASY even with a 3-way mirror.  Hope that makes sense.

I'll have to show the sway back tuck and the waist check sometime.

Surely, I'm not the only one out there with a sway back.

I am starting a new quilt.  It is TOTALLY DIFFERENT than anything I've made before.  I need some more fabric, and the bridge I have to cross to get to the nearest fabric store is UNDER WATER and the road is closed.  Have no idea when it will be open again!  Thank God, the rain has quit for a few days.

Going to work tomorrow to see how our new girl is doing.  The one who quit didn't even show up for her last day.  What a disappointment.  You just don't KNOW people anymore.  I didn't think she was that kind of employee.  Seems like God knows a lot better than I do who needs to stay and who needs to go.  I really like the new girl.  I'll tell you about her SHOCKING life story sometime.  She is only 23 years old and has been through soooooooooooooo much.

Gonna listen to Ben's book.

Have a MARVELOUS week in the sunshine!


Hugs, Joy

3 comments:

  1. Hi Joy I would like to see how you do your waistband and the tuck you do for sway back.. I have one too.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joy. Thanks so much for revisiting the Lite Steam a Seam II. Really appreciate it. After I finally found mine (was beginning to think I'd just thrown it out), and tried it again several times, it seems like it takes quite a bit of steam, heat and pressure. Maybe the pckg I bought was just old..I put mine in a baggie like you suggested. The tape still refuses to lift up easily and completely. I'll get a new pack at Joanne's and try it again. But just want to say thanks for the video!
    You really brighten my day and outlook. Yes, let us know how you like the Ben Carson book and how to deal with a sway back. Gail in Southern CA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote: "I really like Dr. Ben Carson, but I'm not sure how far he will go."

    I know there are a lot of people who think Dr. Carson is too meek to be able to do any good in Washington, but I would beg to differ with that opinion. I can't even imagine how much backbone it took to deliver that speech at the national prayer breakfast he did a couple of years ago in front of President Obama , especially given that as a black man he was expected to fully endorse the first black president. What I like most about Dr. Carson is that he isn't a politician, and he'll be the first to acknowledge that fact. He won't make decisions based on what's best for the party but on what's best for the nation. I haven't been all that impressed with the politicians who have gone to Washington saying they will change things but never do, so I'm going to give my vote to someone who isn't a politician at all,

    And just an FYI, if you didn't realize this, there was a campaign to draft Dr. Carson that has morphed into a sort of superpac (I hope that's the right term) that continues to support him. They have a huge prayer team (of whom I am a member) that keeps him and his family lifted up in prayer. I love the fact that there were people praying for his candidacy even before it came about and people who will continue to pray for him until either the Lord wills for someone else to be president or until he is no longer in office. The great thing is, that given the number of people who are praying, whatever happens with Dr. Carson is sure to be directed by the hand of God.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy