Sunday, June 28, 2015

Sunday Hello, Friends and a New Card

Well, Matthew Hagee preached another awesome sermon today about people living the TRUTH found in God's word.  Living it every day -- not just on Sunday -- as some do.

Then there are those that deny it even is the Word of God, and those that say they "interpret it differently".

In MY opinion...

Say out loud, "THIS IS JOY'S OPINION"!

In my opinion, most of the world doesn't live a Godly life on Sunday or any other day whether or not they profess to be Christians.  Am I referring to the Not-so-Supreme Court.  Yes, but more than that.  We must ALL wake up before a younger, liberalized, godless generation takes over, and there isn't a single shred of decency left to be found anywhere in America.

My soul cries out for God to change hearts and minds before it is too late.  It may already be.

I just heard ANOTHER story a few minutes ago about a household where an alcoholic, drug-addict granddaughter is ruling the roost of her 73-year old grandmother, and the grandmother is miserable and at a loss as to what to do.  She doesn't want anyone to think she is mean, so she won't make the woman leave her home.

HOW MANY TIMES have I heard stories like this????

You will never hear about that happening at my house, and my children and grandchildren will be first in line to tell you that is so.

And that is pretty much how Matthew feels about it too.  Let's not just SAY we love God.  Let's obey His word and live according to it.

I better listen to Joel Osteen real quick, huh???  I love the fact that he has 50,000 members.  Between his church, and Hagee's church with many thousands and our church; SURELY there is hope for a Godly army to arise and march against the evil flooding the hearts and minds of so many people who refuse to believe the truth.

"As in the days of Noah.....", the Bible says.



I will change to a happier note by backing up a few days.

We had SO MUCH FUN the other night.

It was Friday night, and we were at our Edmond home where there are lots of restaurants to choose from.  I asked Jerry if we could go out to eat our last night in a REAL town.  He said, "Sure".  Then he asked me if I would like to go to Red Lobster.

We had not been to Red Lobster in over 10 years.  We had vowed to NEVER, EVER, EVER go back there because the last few times we ate there, the food was bad and the service was bad and the place was dirty.  We figured it may have changed management in 10 years time, and maybe the new manager had fixed everything we didn't like.  Plus, we both love fish.

We left early.  We got there right after 5 PM, and we were the only ones inside the waiting area.  I walked over to the lobster tank to look at the live lobsters, and I decided they looked really sad, and I didn't want to eat one.  I looked up from the tank and noticed this "old guy" waving at me from inside the restaurant.  I looked at him, but I didn't have any idea who he was.  I turned to Jerry who had just joined me at the sad lobster tank, and I said, "Do you know who that old guy is waving at us?"

Jerry recognized him right away and said so.  I figured it was one of his wheelchair customers.  Then Jerry told me who it was, and I went into INSTANT JOYFUL JOY!


I RAN into the room next to the booth where Wes and Mary Lou were seated.  I plopped myself down in the seat next to Mary Lou, and I invited us to eat with them.  We had not seen them since they moved away from near our other house at Lake Texoma several years ago.  We had so much to catch up on.  They had recently visited some other friends we both shared who had moved to Colorado very long ago.

We talked and talked and laughed and laughed and talked and talked.  It was the LOVLIEST evening.  NOT ONLY THAT, I ordered crab legs hoping they would actually contain a few morsels of crab meat inside.  They were delivered in a covered container that kept them hot my entire meal.

They were the BEST crab legs I ever have had.

The girls on one side, and the guys on the other since we just plopped down next to them after they were already seated.

I had to show Mary Lou and Wes the EXCITING card I received in the mail that very day.  I dug and dug through my wallet before I found it.  They couldn't imagine WHAT CARD I could be so excited about.

THEN, I found it, and I showed it to them.

They weren't very excited at all.  They said they had had one for years!

This is a pic I had Jerry take right after I opened it.  He thought I was nuts, but he has learned to just snap the pic when I ask.  I don't get any money for another year, but I do have insurance which is no small thing these days.

That is all I know for now.

Terry came over yesterday and today and we caught up on all our talking.  Now that I just got back home after being gone several weeks, she is leaving for Florida to go to some race.  Her husband really loves races.  I don't think she is nearly as thrilled as he is.

Be back soon with another new blouse.

Wishing you all a WONDERFUL week ahead!  May only good things come your way.

Hugs, Joy

2 comments:

  1. Hey, loved your opinion . Don't know what's happening in the world today. Can really be depressing if you let it. I always try to count my blessings. Anxious to see a new blouse. Working on the little girl dresses using lots of bright prints. Going to make a shirt soon. By the way our Red Lobster here in St. Augustine is one of the best. We love it. So glad you had some good crab legs. Laughed when I saw your card.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you are a member of the" oldies club" but do not LOOK LIKE ONE! Love your opinion also. Joy I love you haircut and wish I could wear the same style.....always looks so pretty. I have been making some pillow covers in bright colors to update some rooms. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy