I have garments to show you and a video. I'll start with the video, and then I'll show you some pictures. You won't know about Souptij if you don't watch the video.
That was "A Little Something" Jacket #3 BEFORE I put pockets on it. It has issues in the back. If I look in the mirror sideways, the lower, center back sticks out away from my body, instead of hanging straight down.
I decided that MUST BE because I needed a larger round back correction.
There are also diagonal drag lines under the arms. That COULD be because of the shoulder angle, BUT when I hold the paper pattern up to my shoulder drawing, it looks fine. I'm not understanding that. It, obviously, had not been pressed. I knew I was going to have to wash it, so pressed it real good afterward.
After I took the picture above, I decided I wanted pockets in this jacket. It was quite an effort for something that sounds so simple. It took me hours. This is what I came up with.
And, you can see that I am wearing the finished SFD COPY of the Vogue pattern that had the colored side pieces. I think I did a pretty good job. Glenda's video on how to eliminate the side seam was VERY helpful because I would have had it off-grain.
Here is another view of the inserts at the side.
And a close-up of the pocket with gathers on the top and a binding as well as my new blouse which is actually the "muslin". I may try it again with solid black inserts. I've given up on the style with the band at the bottom. I've decided that would just make my hips look wider. Besides, I need to get on with my life!
I am almost done with Jacket #4. I have to build the pockets and put them on. I'll show you, of course, as soon as I get it done.
Be back soon.