Wednesday, August 2, 2017

What Language Does YOUR Heart Speak?

I imagine everyone in the world knows about the "Love Languages" except for me, but I'm really glad I know about them now.

Dorine, the lady that sits with my Mom when I'm not home, asked me yesterday what "love language" I spoke.

I had NO IDEA what she was talking about.

"Didn't you read the book?" she asked.

"WHAT book?" said I.

She went on to explain about the FIVE love languages, and each person has one or maybe two of them.  I asked her what they were.  She told me.  When she left a few minutes later, I forgot.

Late last night, I remembered Dorine asking me about love languages.  I decided to google "love languages".

IMMEDIATELY, they all came up along with a test to take to see what mine were.

I really could have told you without the test, but it was fun to get a confirmation.  The knowledge this afforded me has verified WHY the comments my readers leave mean so much to me.

My 1st "love language" is Words of Affirmation.  2nd is Acts of Service.  (You can have two.)

If I had to choose between an expensive gift or a card with a love note in it from him, I would choose the love note every time.

If I had to choose between my husband buying me an expensive gift or vacuuming all the carpet, I would choose vacuuming.  On Mother's Day he always gives me the gift of HIM, and I totally love that.  He is all mine for one whole day.  What do I want from him?  I want him to HELP me or do things for me.  I never want a gift.

He just asked me today what I want for my birthday.  I told him, "Nothing, I want you!"  

Of course, my 1st love language is Words of Affirmation.  I've told my best friends about this,  but I don't think I've ever told you.  Many years ago -- probably 25 or 30 years ago -- Jerry said something to me that has lasted me all these years, and I will NEVER forget it, and nothing he ever says again can top it. 

As I recall, we were alone on the couch in our living room.  No TV.  It was late.  We were just sitting there next to each other talking and sharing.  Out of the blue, he took my hands into his and looked into my eyes, and he said:

"If I could have gone to Heaven and talked directly to God and told him EXACTLY what I wanted in a wife -- what color eyes -- what color hair -- what shape and size -- what personality -- it would have been everything YOU are."

So did he ever hit my love language right in the bulls eye!

I'm pretty sure Words of Affirmation are his love language too, and I'm careful to brag on him whenever I get a chance.  But it makes sense that I can give it to others if it is my language.

So what is YOUR love language.  Here is a link if you don't already know:


My birthday is Friday, and I am so thrilled that my daughter is fulfilling my 2nd love language "Acts of Service".  She is driving all the way -- 2 1/2 hours -- to my house to prepare me a dinner she knows I love.  Just her coming here is all the gift I need, but she says she is bringing gifts.  I have decided -- being her Mother and knowing her very well -- that her love language is receiving gifts. She is a MAJOR gift-giver.  She bought her family so many gifts one year for Christmas, they got tired of opening them.  She said, "I think I overdid it Mom."

She already fulfilled my 1st love language when she said, "Mom, you tell me what you want done for your birthday, and I will make it happen."

I better go.  I'll be back soon to see what you all found out about YOUR love language.  Your "love language" is what YOU need from others in order to feel loved. 

Hugs, Joy

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday tomorrow! God Bless, Dawn, PF,TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, God Bless, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday enjoy your day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Joy, Enjoy, I am sure you will have an awesome day sharing it with your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very Happy
    Birthday Joy hope you have a lovely day with your family

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recorded a birthday song with a little video for you Joy, just because I like your blog and I appreciate all you do. Here's the link - https://youtu.be/d-Ipbx3F0io
    I hope you like it and I hope you had a lovely birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a NICE thing to do!!! Thank you so much. Wish I could sing like that.
      Hugs, Joy

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday, Joy.
    May you celebrate many many more! :)
    Hugs
    JoAnnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. From Penny in Oregon: Happy Birthday, Joy! You are the most beautiful, caring and loving person. I loved the story of you and your husband, Jerry! What a wonderfully precious, heartwarming story! I adore you! Happy Birthday to the best person I know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy to have found you out here in blog land. I do watch your vlog most every day. I even listen to you on blue tooth from my phone while driving. Not only are you knowledgeable on your topics, you cheer me up. I know you have many trials and heart aches, but you always put your best smile forward. I find myself thinking of you at times out of the blue. I think God puts you in my mind to pray for you. So I do. I hope you, your mother Marie, Jerry and your Kids are well and happy. Your mother named you well. You are a Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joy, i would like to know the name of the fabric markers you use to take care of the oopsies on your quilting the ones that had so many colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I named them in the video. You can google "fabric markers" and a lot of them will come up. Be sure they are NOT washable.

      Delete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy