Friday, November 17, 2017

Why JCP is Bankrupt!, My New Baby, Luke, and a Pumpkin

Hi everyone!

Our new sitter here in Edmond was able to stay with Mom for four hours today, so I had the GREAT PLEASURE of meeting my friend, Margaret, for a Steak lunch at Longhorn.  We talked for an hour and a half, so I didn't have much time for anything else.  Four hours goes by really fast!

In the time I did have, I went to JC Penneys which was right in the same parking lot as Longhorn.

I was looking for sweatshirt tops for my Mom which I never found, but I happened to walk by my favorite tennis shoes in the shoe department.  I did not have a pair here at this house, so decided to by a pair of white and a pair of black.  Then I walked over to the check out counter where there were two cash registers.

If I had not left my phone in the car I would have taken a video of this.  The counter was stacked with boxes and various unboxed shoes so there was not a single square inch to put my boxes.  I tried to balance them on top of one of the registers.  Then I started looking for a cashier.

I turned around and around and looked and looked, and then I started saying, "HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HELLOOOOOOOOOOO, HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?"

Nobody answered and nobody came.

I then walked out into the aisle between the shoes and the clothes, and I said, "HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, HELLOOOOOOO?  I need a cashier please.  HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

Nobody answered and nobody came.

I walked back over to the shoe counter where there was still nobody.  I hollered back into the two openings into the warehouse, "HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?"

I really needed the shoes or I would have stacked them with all the other shoes that people had given up on purchasing and just stacked there.

I then walked BEHIND the counter and through the door into the warehouse.  I didn't see anybody there either, so I continued, "HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, IS ANYONE THERE?"

Finally, a girl started moving back in the midst of the shelves, and she came to where I was.  She followed me to the cash registers.  She went to the first register to check me out.  She messed with it a minute, and then she said, "These registers don't work.  We have to go to a different department."

I then followed her to the Beauty Shop where I was finally able to buy the two pair of tennis shoes.

UNBELIEVABLE!  I promise you, it happened just like that.  No exaggeration.  I actually probably hollered "HELLO" 50 times!

I then went to a different department to look at jeans.  I found a pair immediately and went to try them on.  Where there used to be a long row of nice dressing rooms, there was now a large cubby hole with a mirror on the wall.  I said, "I'm not going to try these on without any doors!"

I wandered the length of the store to another dressing room.  Then I went to the checkout counter in that department only to find the cashier staring over and over and over and over at a receipt trying to figure out how to do a return.  I put the jeans down, and I walked out of the store.

How very sad.  NO WONDER they are closing stores and barely getting by.  I would have spent hundreds of dollars there today if there had been half-way decent service and proper dressing rooms.

I've made a couple new videos for those of you who don't see them unless I post them here.

This one is an introduction to our precious new great grandbaby, Luke:

I have not seen Luke since that day, and doesn't look like I will see him again in the three weeks I am here.  I thought they would need my help so I came up for several weeks, but it turns out that Lauren's family is coming to visit them.

So, since I have a lot of time on my hands, I am thinking Christmas.  Doesn't appear our Christmas is going to be anymore exciting than our Thanksgiving.  Just the three of us.  I want to get or make gifts for my good friends, my husband and my Mother.  I may get started on that tomorrow.

Made a video today just blabbering about the cat and Thanksgiving and a pumpkin potholder if you are interested in any of that.

TV time with hubby.

If I get anything besides a potholder made, I'll be back to show you.

Hugs, Joy

1 comment:

  1. Joy, every family has some sort of drama, I am going through some drama with family it hurts that everybody can't get along, but, as it says in the bible enjoy the people around you who love and appreciate you and don't worry about the one's who don't I know that is easier said then done, I so know. Just wanted to say I love the pic of you and your mom it's the pic that the whole family was suppose to be in but it's just you and her, love it. All looks good in it enjoy that pic. Love your youtube channel, keep up the good work. Just love you I wish I lived closer to you I know we would be close friends. Take care, give mom a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy