Sunday, December 10, 2017

Mom's 90th Birthday is December 18th

Hi everyone.

I hope this is not inappropriate, but I was wondering if any of you lovely people would want to send my Mom a birthday card.  Corrected at 2 AM.  Decided to just buy her several cards myself -- one from Jerry, one from me, one from her cat, etc.  Since I am awake, I went in to check on Mom.  Her lamp was on and she was sitting on the side of her bed putting her watch on.  She also had her glasses on.  I removed her glasses, but I left her watch on, and I helped her back into bed.

Mom has taken a turn for the worse.  Her memory isn't even seconds long.  She has forgotten so many more things.  She even forgets to eat while sitting in front of her dinner.  We have to prod her.  Thank God, she has not forgotten me!

HOWEVER, the one thing she does remember is that it is near her birthday, and that she is going to be 90.

Whenever I take Mom with me anywhere, such as my doctor appointment a few weeks ago, she always does the same thing.  She will notice a new person in the room -- doctor, hairdresser, friend -- and she will turn to me and say:

"Joy, did you tell her that I am going to have a birthday soon?"

"And did you tell her that I am going to be 90!"

It is so cute.  Just like a young child.  She asked me yesterday if I was going to do anything for her birthday.  So I KNOW she hasn't forgotten that her birthday is December 18, and she is going to be 90.

As you know if you watch my videos, my Mother has three other children.  None of them will come to see her for her birthday or any other occasion.  One says it is "too far" (3-hour drive).  One says he is "too busy".  One says she has disowned me, and she is no longer my sister, so I guess Mom is no longer her Mother either.  I have no way of contacting her directly.  She does know where Mom is, and she does know that Mom's kids are welcome here because I had my brother tell her.

Thank God there are people here who love her and will come see her for her birthday, including two friends who will gladly make the 3-hour drive.

It is Sunday afternoon, and I am going to start wrapping the many new sweatshirts I bought for her.  THANK YOU so much to the ladies who told me about Younker's and Bergman's.  Weird names, but they had the perfect shirts for her.  I think I bought 7 of them.

Have a blessed Sunday and a wonderful week ahead.

Hugs, Joy

5 comments:

  1. Well 90 years young! Congratulations young lady! I hope you have many more and I hope you have a very special day! I would love to send you a card, but I don't think that you would get it on time since it would be coming from Canada! Joy will gladly read my Birthday Wishes to you Love and Kisses from Patti in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm brand new to your blog and I would love to send your mom a birthday card from Colorado. She's sounds so sweet! 90 years is impressive! You could email me if your comfortable, a.lawrence13@yahoo.com, if not, I understand. Hope she has a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't want to wake you by texting. Are you going to be here for her birthday or okc?
    1. They have found COFFEE is good for the immune system, so drink it, if not you'll get sick and won't be able to see
    2. You let MSQC get you hooked on the deal of the day? Once you click on it, it will show you yardage you'll need to finish the project that matches that deal!!
    Anyway, glad you are better!! I don't want to forget her birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a great attitude about your families reaction to visiting your mom. My mom had dementia also & it’s a very difficult journey . Not all family members were on board , but I decided I would have no regrets & did what I had to to take care of her . I miss her terribly but loved every minute with her .
    Bless you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roxanne Goldston CoxJanuary 13, 2018 at 4:04 AM

    I just love how you take care of your Mom, and I'm really sorry your siblings aren't helping you. Praying for you, your Mom and your family.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy