Monday, December 10, 2012

File 13, Sprinklers and TV Series

We waited for File 13 - a shredder company - to show up this morning.  They said they would arrive at 8 AM.  They arrived at 11:15 AM.  I was on the phone with one of the guys for 20 minutes telling him the same directions over and over and over and over.  What is with men and directions!?  They FINALLY showed up with a very big truck and removed 184 file boxes from the barn .  The charge is 15 cents per pound, and they don't weigh the boxes until they get back to File 13 Headquarters -- or whatever you call it.  They drove 100 miles to get here.   There were two guys, and they turned out to be very nice and work extremely hard.  I snapped a pic, of course.



They carried 184 packed boxes down into that truck from upstairs in our barn.  On the right you can see the white file boxes up in the "loft".  That is just a very small section showing in the picture.  The boxes weight between 35 and 40 pounds, and the guy is carrying 3 at a time!!!  By the end of the two hours, the guy could barely lift one.  I felt sorry for him.  He was exhausted.  The other guy worked inside the truck.  Now that we know this company exists, we can have them out yearly instead of after six years of storage.

As soon as these guys were done -- two hours later -- Jerry had to leave to go to our other house because it is supposed to be 19 degrees tonight.  He was afraid the sprinkler system would freeze.  He said there was ice all over the yard when he arrived there this evening.  The sprinklers had come on in the night.

Soooooooo, I'm all alone trying to figure out how Windows 8 works.  Actually, I have figured out a lot of it -- and I am pretty sure I am never going to like it.  Jerry can put Windows 7 back on this for me if I want him to, but I'm afraid I will just be behind on technology if I do that.  It is supposed to be good for your brain to always be learning new things -- or so they say.

I watched the latest two episodes of Hart of Dixie tonight on this computer, and I am sad to say that the writers have turned this cute show into total trash.  Everyone is sleeping with everyone, and the personalities change moment by moment.  "I love you", "I hate you", "I love you", "I hate you", "Wait-I'm not sure who I love".  INSANE!  How on earth are our children supposed to ever learn about a Godly, well-adjusted, committed relationship?!

Jerry and I did find another cute show to watch on Netflix.  An old TV Series that ended in 2007 or 2008 called Wildfire.  It is about a young woman and her race horse.  I think there were 52 episodes.  We watched it night after night after night.  We would watch 4 episodes some nights.  It was a wonderful date each night because we both really liked the show.  Parts of it were really stupid, but overall, it was a great series.  If you like horses, check it out.
 guess I better get ready for bed.  It is SO dark and SO quiet here in the woods.  Makes me want to be underneath some covers!

Hugs, Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy