Sunday, May 25, 2014

God Bless Our Military

What a GLORIOUS Sunday.  Matthew Hagee preached an awesome sermon this morning about "Not Forgetting".  It was about all that has been forgotten about what made America great.

Just like Egypt in the Bible.  The new Emperor "forgot about Joseph" and, of course, Joseph's God.  Instead of being thankful for God's people who had caused Egypt to prosper and grow by leaps and bounds, he decided there were too many of them, and made the INSANE decision to murder the children.

Is it 4,000 or 7,000 babies A DAY being murdered in the womb right now.  Atrocious, shocking and totally insane to think that God would want a woman to have the right to kill her children, and to believe that any good could come from it.

All the things happening in our country now have done nothing but make things worse.  People don't want God in their lives because they don't want to be accountable to anything or anybody.  Instead of worshipping the Creator, people are worshipping the creation.  God warned against that in the Bible.

So instead of doing things in America that would have created thousands of jobs, people are out of work to protect some slug.  Have you heard how many Eagles are killed every day in windmill blades????

Totally sad, and I don't want to be depressed today, so I'm just going to THANK GOD that we win in the end.  I've read the Book!

So, let's smile and be happy and be thankful for all of our servicemen -- past and present -- who have served our country.

Thousands have GIVEN their lives for our freedom, and thousands more are willing to.  My goodness!  I can't even imagine making that choice of my own free will.  God bless them all.

Special hugs and kisses to my grandson, John, who is serving in Alaska right now.  He's moving soon to another State to learn how to do something with drones.  I have prayed that God will hide him under His wings and keep him from harm.  So far, the most dangerous thing he has had to do is fix a helicopter.  PRAISE GOD FOREVERMORE!

I've got stuff to show you.  A new "pajama" dress and some jewelry, but not today.  It doesn't seem to fit Memorial Day.

Hugs, Joy

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    This may not be the place to post this comment but I couldn't figure out how to do it from the You Tube video post on your sewing room. I just wanted to tell you that I was wowed by your sewing room -- you should call it a sewing studio because it's so fabulous. I got some good ideas for mine. I enjoy your videos & blog posts. Thanks Again, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, found your blog through Sure-Fit site. Love you! Love that you love God, your husband, your dog, and sewing - just like me! I am in the process of enlarging my crowded sewing room now. It won't be as pretty as yours, but I know I will LOVE IT! I'm a little jealous that you have Phyllis to sew with - hard to find a buddy like that these days! Anyway, keep the blogs coming; I need your enthusiasm some days (can you can some of that and sell it?!). Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, I don't often have time to read blogs, but yours is on my list when I do have a minute and catch up. Your spirit shows in your writing. But today, I especially enjoyed your post. It was so respectful. But mostly, I so agree with this ---"THANK GOD that we win in the end. I've read the Book!"

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy