Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Problem with Communication is Words!

Yes!

It is SO TRUE.

The problem with communcation is words.

I beg whoever is reading this post to please listen to John Hagee's sermon "Conscience and Communication" from this morning 4-23-17.  It is one of the VERY BEST sermons I have ever heard, and as he said in the introduction, I will NEVER forget it!

He talks about how Satan spoke to Jesus using scripture, BUT he twisted it to have a different meaning that it was meant to.

Satan does this between friends and between husbands and wives all the time.

Something is said, but the person spoken to HEARS it differently than it was intended, and the war begins!


Friendships are shattered.

Marriages are over.

Please listen to the sermon.  I promise, you will laugh out loud, but also learn so much.

At the end, Hagee talked about the POWER OF PRAISE.  "Praise is a weapon of supernatural warfare!"  If our nation ever needed supernatural intervention from God, IT IS NOW!

Just go to GETV.org and look in the archives for the sermon.  OR, if it is still Sunday morning on 4-23-17, you can go to the next service at 11:00 AM CST.

Now, if someone will REMIND me that my Mom doesn't know what she is doing or saying at times, I MIGHT get over her attack this morning and go help her dress.

I woke Mom up an hour before church today so we all could eat breakfast and then be lined up on the front row upstairs in front of the big screen when church started at 8:30.  It is a live service, and it always starts with singing.  I love the music at Cornerstone Church, and I know the words, so I always sing out loud.  Jerry does sometimes, but not very loud.  I do everything loud!

Anyway, Mom slept through most of the music.

She woke up about the time the sermon started.  She loves John Hagee.  Anyway, John started out by telling some funny stories/jokes at the beginning.  I was cracking up laughing at him, as was the audience.

Mother looked over at me from her recliner to mine and SNARLED:  "Will you PLEASE shut up that cackling!  I can't hear what he is saying!"

I hadn't heard the sermon yet -- that is my excuse -- and I looked over at her and told her to quit being a witch.  She snarled something else at me, but I just ignored her, and I have been ignoring her ever since.

The best way for me to get her OUT of that personality is to stop doing things for her.  She realizes SOMETHING is wrong and asks me about it.  THEN I can explain, and she always apologizes.

The thing is, when Mom watches MASH or sermons, she doesn't GET the humor.  She gets mad if Jerry or I laugh when MASH is on.  She tells us it is about soldiers, and we should not be laughing.  Jerry tells her it is a comedy, and she just looks at him like he is nuts.  Hence the attack during the sermon this morning.  She didn't like me laughing at it.

I guess I'll go downstairs and be "the spiritual one".  (Listen to the sermon.  (-; )

I'm going to start a new quilt.  Stay tuned for updates.

God bless you all and may your Spirits get fat!  (Listen to the sermon. (-: )

Hugs, Joy




2 comments:

  1. hi joy!
    i think you have been having a rough time of things lately. i just want to say i have been praying for you and your whole household these days. i am inspired by your Christian faith and how you are putting your life out there for the world to see. please know i may not know you personally, but i feel as though we are friends. thank you for who you are and the example you set for me as a sister in Christ.
    love you!
    dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrrrr! I just sent you a long message somewhere on your blog. I thought it was this date, but now I can't find it!s Hopefully, you will get it anyway.
    short version . . . . . I was wondering what pattern you used for that lovely pink top you were wearing in Jan 2016 (whahahahahaha,I know thats a ridiculous question, given this is April 2017). It had a very now neckline, sort of drapy, and you wore it over a deep pink knit top.

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy