Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Notes and Coupon Pouch

I trust you all had a relaxing, enjoyable Sunday.  My day started as most Sundays do with GETV - Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, TX.  The entire Hagee family was all gone on a cruise today, so there was a guest preacher.  His name was Bishop Hines.  (Not sure of that spelling.)  Bishop Hines was a very nice looking and well-dressed black man.  Have you noticed how black men LOVE to dress up?  Especially, the preachers.  I wonder why that is.  His wife was introduced, and she was lovely. 

At one point during his sermon he talked about women and estrogen, and he said he just can't explain it.  SOMEthing happens, but he just doesn't know what it is or how to explain it. 

I was sure glad to hear that since I used to have the WORST PMS on the planet.  It runs in my family.  My Mom had it, I had it, my daughter STILL has it, and I don't know about her daughter since I'm hardly ever with her.  My sisters had it too. 

Our husbands should get some kind of really special medal or crown when they get to heaven!  Every doctor I went to when I was younger wanted to put me on tranquilizers, but Jerry, being a Pharmacist and knowing all the bad stuff about drugs, refused to let me take them.  Therefore, he suffered FULL BLOWN PMS.  He is a really tough guy, let me tell you!

HOW ON EARTH did I get off on that tangent!?



I was telling you about the sermon from Bishop Hines (why do the black preachers call themselves "Bishops"?) from JHM.Org this morning. 

The message was:  WILL THE REAL CHURCH PLEASE IDENTIFY ITSELF

The reference was 1 Peter 2:9  
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Sure doesn't sound like most Christians today. 

He also referred to II Timothy 3
But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

Now THAT sounds like people of today!  And did you see that last sentence:  "Have nothing to do with such people."   

The sad truth is that very many churches are preaching feel-good sermons with the latest psycho-babble, and they aren't talking about the real IDENTITY of God. 

God's identity is HOLINESS.  It isn't love.  "Love" is His ability, not his identity. 

You can have a LOVING thief -- but you can't have a HOLY thief.
You can have a LOVING homosexual -- but you can't have a HOLY homosexual.
And I could go on and on with that analogy.

And Bishop Hines must have heard my favorite saying, "We did NOT come from monkeys!  God made us in His image, according to His likeness and He gave us dominion." 

You can, of course, go to www.jhm.org and GETV and listen to the sermon.  You can see if I got any of it right or just made the whole thing up.  (-;

After church, I showered and went into my sewing room to remind myself of the items I was still needing for the TWO coats I am now making.  I also got online to print out some coupons from Hancock's and JoAnn's.  Hancock's takes JoAnn's coupons, so I take them all with me.  It was only 50 degrees outside today, so I decided to get in the "winter" closet and take out my velvety/fleecy black sweatpants and jacket.  I really love those sets EXCEPT for when they don't have any pockets in the pants.  I HAVE to have pockets in my pants because I hate to take my gigantic purse out of the car.  I always lock it in the trunk of whatever car I am driving, and I put my cell phone in one pocket, my tiny zippered credit card wallet in one pocket and my keys in one pocket. 

Since I came up here in Jerry's car this time, I don't have my little red zipper wallet.  And since I had NO pockets in my pants, and I had SIX coupons to take with me, I decided to quickly INVENT something.  I'm not recommending this to anyone, but I wanted to show you what I made. 

I got a scrap of yellow ponteroma knit out of my closet.  I placed my coupons on it and drew around it to figure out the size I needed.  Then I serged a few seams here and there, and WAHLAH:

There is a flap that goes over my waistband and tucks inside that I have the safety pins pinned into.  Nobody could see it, and it worked great!  I stuck a credit card in there, locked my purse and cell phone in the car, and off I went.  The keys were in my jacket.  Why didn't I put this in my jacket?  Because I always take my jacket off and lay it in the cart.  Too easy for stuff to fall out of it.  

While I was at Hancock's, I found red cotton flannel to interline my red coat with, and some funky black fabric that is cotton to interline my black/white coat with.  I also bought 4 yards of interfacing.  My bill was $90 until I whipped out all those coupons.  I paid $54.  VERY nice!

I'm headin' to a recliner to find a movie on Jerry's big tv.  I seldom ever turn it on because you have to have THREE controllers to use it, and it is a major hassle.  By the time I figure out how to use all the buttons, I'm usually too mad to watch the movie!

Hugs, Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy