Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fabric Sale and How Do You Move a Dress Form!?

I received an email from Gorgeous Fabrics saying ALL the knits are 25% off today!  I love their knit so I hurried over to see what they had.  So many really pretty ones.  I think I narrowed my choice down to 8 of them.  Now that I have learned all the tricks of how to sew slinky stuff, I want to have a closet full of pretty rayon knit blouses.  I should be back home at our real house in a few days, and then I can start with mass-production!

Trying to figure out how to get Lucy (my dress form) down there isn't easy.  Jerry has that little van, but it has a giant wheelchair in it.  Lucy takes up a lot of room.  I wish her legs bent.  Then I could just put her in the passenger seat and she would look like a person -- well, maybe not -- she doesn't have a head.  Maybe I could glue one of those wig heads on her and put a big floppy hat on it.  Then I might be able to lay her in the back seat, and it would look like she was taking a nap or something.
 

Of course her feetless legs might have to stick out an open window.  That might be a bit of a problem. 

OH, I KNOW -- I could put my high heel boots on her, and then it would look perfectly normal.  Ha!

Where there's WILL, there's a WAY, as someone used to always say!

Someone needs to invent a pull-apart mannequin.  Either that, or a bendable model.

We are in Kingfisher again today.  Jerry signed a contract with a realtor a while ago.  Then we went to lunch at my favorite little restaurant, the City Cafe.  Homemade apple pie today.  Awesome!  I ate a piece and brought the last piece they had home for later.  Now, I am sleepy and would love to lie down on this couch and take a nap.  Jerry is still fixing stuff.  I can't stop him.  Whoever buys this house is getting a great deal.  They may want to replace the countertops, but other than that, I don't know what would be needed. 

If I can figure out HOW, I'll post some pics of my Gorgeous On Sale Knit Fabric purchases.  My order didn't go through the first time, so I went back to redo it and somehow, some more fabric jumped into my bag!  I'll have to share with Phylly.

Here is a snapshot of a few of them:

 
 

These are all from Gorgeousfabrics.com and are all rayon knits.  Jerry is excited I am sewing with something that isn't COTTON from Hancock's.  He says my blouses all look alike and are so casual.  Well, I'm a casual girl.  I HATE to dress up.  Would like to make a lot more yoga pants though to go with all these pretty tops.

Any sewers out there may want to rush over and check out this 25% off sale.  Her fabrics go fast!
The other pieces are solids.  Something else I seldom make. 

I better go.  Got to start packing up the pole and base I am returning to Fabulous Fit.  Not sure HOW I'm going to do that, so need to get started.

Hugs, Joy





3 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous knits! I thought about ordering the two blue ones myself, but I was afraid that the print would be too big for me. Probably a good thing. I went over my fabric budget last month at Helen Enox, so I better not do it again this month.

    I cut a skirt out of the turquoise fabric I had left from my blouse. I decided it should be lined, so I found some white lining in my stash. I tossed it in the washer and while it was washing I drew off my first Burda pattern. It is a little dress for Keira. I decided I'd try something simple. It is a little eye-crossing with all those lines on one paper, but I managed. I think I still have enough of the turquoise to make her a dress out of it.
    Hugs, Phylly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't just amazing how fabric jumps in your shopping bag. That happens to me sometimes. Purses and scissors do that, too.
    Night!
    Hugs, Phylly

    ReplyDelete

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy