Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lucy, Herbs and Route 66

Not a whole lot happening today, but I am excited to have Lucy and myself back home at the right house. 

I think she looks better in my clothes than I do!  Notice the new black pole that Fabulous Fit sent me to shut up my griping about the one they originally sent me.  The pole is exactly the same, but the base is much, much nicer.  I would advise any dress form buyers to NOT buy this style of dress form.  If I had it to do over again, I would buy the one that stops mid-thigh.

I had to water all the herbs and flowers I quickly planted on Sunday before Jerry decided we were leaving town.  I love herbs.  Have you ever tried chopped fresh basil in green beans?  Yummo!  And parsley in everything.  When I was planting the herbs on Sunday while the kids were still here, I lifted up the bottom tray of one of the planters, and guess what I found there?

FIVE of these! 


 

Just that picture gives me the creeps -- yuk!  I had a bunch of gardening tools with me, so I picked up a paint scraper -- did I say gardening tools? -- and I chopped four of them in half and swooped them off into the grass.  Then John noticed what I was doing, and noticed scorpion number five crawling around, so he chopped it in half.  I kid you not! -- scorpion #5 crawled all around fast and furious even chopped in half.  G R O S S!!!  It was full of eggs.  Our house would have been taken over by them if all those eggs had hatched.  One thing about living in the woods is the constant supply of bugs and varmints.


Since we got home after lunchtime today, I decided to work on Route 66 this afternoon.  It has been very enjoyable, and I have only two more blocks to do in the New Mexico row.  That means I will be half done with the quilt.  I am so excited.  I quilted the background of this block with Kokopelli feathers.

I'm getting fonder and fonder of this quilt the more hours I put into it.  Jerry keeps thinking of places to sell it.  We passed someplace today -- don't remember what or where -- but Jerry said, "Hey, that place has Route 66 signs in it.  Maybe they will buy your quilt?"  I responded, "MAYBE it isn't for sale!"



It is almost dinner time and time for Jerry to arrive home from work.  I better go investigate the refrigerator.

Hugs, Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy