Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Toxic Tuesday

My husband decided to asphyxiate me this morning, so I have been queazy all day.  My head feels strange, like it needs a heavy blast of fresh air shot through it --  in one ear and out the other.  Jerry decided to fix the grout in the shower that he fixed last year, but it never did dry right.  In order to do that, you have to use original Goof Off -- not the nice lemony kind that doesn't make me sick.

I have the doors open and the air filter on full blast, but still it smells like a factory for toxic chemicals in here.  Plus, I tossed and turned until after 2 AM last night, and the back of my head feels like it could explode.  That picture says it PERFECTLY!




I left this morning to get away from the smell and took a trip to Hancock's.  Not much going on there.  I did buy two pieces of fabric and two New Look patterns.  Then I met Phylly at Louie's for lunch.


 
Then I came home, and the same horrible smell still permeated the house.  I opened the sliding glass doors in our bedroom, but it didn't seem to help at all.  Maybe I need to buy some gas masks for times like this.







Since Jerry is home all day today working, I asked him to come with me to meet Margaret at her maybe-but-not-for-sure new house.  We walked all through it, and then Margaret made the mistake of asking Jerry for his opinion.  He told her they were using poor quality boards in the house -- the ones you nail the sheetrock to (like in the picture below) .  Margaret and I asked him to show us.  He did.  Margaret and I both left depressed.  Builders want to hide inferior workmanship and materials behind the walls and the bricks, and then charge top dollar for the structure.  Not right!!!
  

So, do you watch Dancing With The Stars?





Tonight, two celebrities get kicked off.  I'm guessing Little House on the Prairie's Melissa and Roshon, the young guy from something on TV.  Roshon is very good, but so is everyone else that is left.  That is the only show on regular TV that Jerry and I watch, and it is over so fast.  After the finals, it will be the Alligator people, the Catfish people, the Pawn Shop and the Pickers. 







That is it for today.  Hope that wasn't TOO EXCITING for you!  No sewing because we are supposed to be leaving today to go back home, but for some reason, we are still here.  All I know for sure, is when we finally DO leave this week, Lucy is coming with us!


There she is -- Lucy -- wearing my clothes.  Isn't she wonderful!?  I really love having this dress form.  I think I paid too much for it, and I think the customer service was horrible!, but I am still so glad I have it.  I ordered another cover for her several weeks ago, but I don't know if I will ever get it.  



Better go.  This headache needs to lie down or go outside where there is normal air to breathe.  I'll try to have a more exciting day tomorrow; however, I may be coming to you from a hotel if the toxic chemical smell in this house doesn't subside soon.  But wait!  I just remembered.  Some hotel carpets smell worse than my house does right now!  Remember that one in Tulsa, Phylly?  I thought we were going to have to call 911 in the elevator.



Hugs, Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

TO COMMENT: Scroll down a bit and find the word "comments". It may have a number in front of it. Click on it, and you will be able to leave a somment. I realize you have to choose Google, Facebook or Anonymous or ? to post a comment. If you choose "Anonymous", you will be able to post a comment, but please leave your first name in your comment so I know you aren't a machine.

I do enjoy receiving comments, especially, when they are to answer my questions!

Hugs, Joy